four

Jonah Marais
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We watch as she walks into the school. I watch as Christina looked at her with worry. "Is she not cold?" I laugh and look at her. "That's Kayleigh Swenson." she gasp. "No way." I look back and see a boy talking to her.

She nods and they both smile. I watch as her dog looks at her then him. he whines really loud and the boy laughs and says something. he leads her towards the office. I didn't notice everyone stopped talking.

"This is going to be a good year." I heard Crawford say.

Kayleigh Swenson
••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Okay we are doing role call. Alec Alexander?" I watch as people raise their hands or say here. "Jack Avery?" I heard a deep but smooth here. he was sitting right in front of me. I wait as he comes to my name. "Daniel Seavey." I felt a chill as the boy next to me says here. "Cannonball Swenson." I giggle as Cannon barks.

"Thank you." some people laugh. "Kayleah?" I giggle. "Kayleigh." he nods. "I'm going to call you Kay." I nod. "Kay Swenson?" he said my whole name in shock. "Here." the room tensed up. he smiles and continues on.

"Welcome to Trigonometry." he says to me and I smile. "Nice to be here."

"Ms Swenson, what is this answer?" I blink and look around to see everyone looking at me. "160." He blinks. "sin(β + 110) = cos(630). Apply sin-1 on each side. sin-1 [sin(β + 110)] = sin-1 [cos(630)] sin(sin-1(x)) = x   for every x in the interval [-1, 1]." I stop  and look at it again to make sure I was right.

"sin-1(sin(x)) = x   for every x in the interval [ - π/2, π/2]image. β + 110 = sin-1 [cos(630)] β + 110 = sin-1 [sin(900 - 630)] β + 110 = 900 - 630." I smile. "β + 110 = 270⇒ β = 270 - 110 = 160. Therefore, β = 160."

"Ms Swenson, what is the answer?" I look up and to the bored. "160." he looks at me. "How did you know that?" I shrug. "I just guessed. "Well that's correct."