3 | Focus... or not

It was the end of the school day and Heeseung had more work to do than ever before.

"Come on!" Jeongin lightly hit his friend's shoulder "Don't be boring and just have some fun in your life"

"What do you mean!" Heeseung exclaimed as they continued walking out of the building "I'm not boring!"

"Oh really?" he questioned, making the doe-eyed boy nod in response.

"Then what are you going to do after school, right now?" Jeongin questioned once again.

"Study, in a- "Heeseung tried to say before he was interrupted.

"See! That's boring" Jeongin shook his head "Who studies on a Friday, dude?"

"It's not my fault, the professor keeps piling up work and I have to do it to get good grades" Heeseung explained as Jeongin just shook his head again.

"Too bad, catch you on the flip side, nerd" He patted his friends back before waddling off to who knows where.

Heeseung then made his way to the café. He grunted, remembering all the work he had to get done but a smile snuck its way onto his face when he remembered the red ribbon girl.

He wondered if she was going to come that day as he basically skipped to the café.

Ding!

The sound of the sweet bell rung in his ears as he opened the doors to The Silent Night Café.

He gazed around the area in awe. Even though he had already been there, it still looked as mesmerizing as the first time.

To his surprise, the girl he had anticipated to be there was already in her seat, as busy as yesterday.

He smiled and sat on the seat he used the day the before. She was still wearing the red ribbon on her hair, though in a different style.

Her hair wasn't tied up in a ponytail but let down as the ribbon looped around the base of her head.

The sun illuminating her face through the big glass windows as she scribbled down on her notes. The A.C blowing right on her figure, in contrast to the warm weather.

Her cardigan draped around her body, shifting slightly as she moved from her laptop to her notes.

"Sir? I asked what you wanted to order?" The cashier asked, after he didn't answer the first few times.

"Oh- Uh, I'll get the mocha latte and two cream cheese sandwiches, please" He answered, mentally slapping himself for mindlessly wandering off.

He got his food and sat back down on his seat, bringing out all the assignments that needed to get finished.

He was as busy as ever and got an adequate amount done. Very proud of himself for doing the bare minimum, he took the last bite of his sandwich in victory.

He was about to get started on some more work when he heard a laugh. The laugh, more of a giggle, was captivating and made him smile for some reason.

He looked over to see where the sound came from when he saw her on a video call. The red ribbon girl.

She continued laughing and smiling at her phone while all Heeseung could do was stare. He couldn't hear the conversation nor the person she was on the phone with, not that he wanted to eavesdrop.

"Focus" He scolded himself, lightly slapping his cheek to get him back in the game.

About to pick up his pencil, his phone rang.

'Dingbat' read the screen of his device as his ringtone played in the background.

He rolled his eyes when he realized Jeongin was calling.

"What do you wa-" Heeseung began, annoyed that his friend tried to obstruct his learning but he was interrupted by loud noises that seemed like music from a party.

"You sure you still dont wanna come!" Jeongin practically screamed through phone causing Heeseung to remove it from his face and hold on to his ear.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure" Heeseung answered, hanging up and immediately and going back to his work.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't concentrate. Something always told him to look over in her direction or he just thought about her.

Ding!

Before Heeseung could do anything, he heard the bell and looked up only to see the red ribbon girl walk out.

"Maybe she finished her work early," Heeseung sighed "Lucky her"

He then opened his phone once more and read the time.

"Six already!" He gasped, looking around the shop and noticing only one or two more people left.

"What a waste" He puffed, getting all his things together and leaving.