chapter 12

Julian/Hammer

I can't believe this is the shit I had to wear for this event. This is rdiculous. After all this shot she had as do this just puts the icing on the cake. I look stupid.

I opened my door only to see my girls dad, my vp, step out of his rom at the same time. He looks at me and I at him.

"Boy, you say one damn word and I'll cut your balls off and feed them to her horse while you watch."

I tried my best not to laugh cause I know he would. But the fucker just stared at me and started laughing.

"That's bullshit vp and you know it." I looked at him. The fucker kept laughing and I lost it. I started laughing too.

"We look like fucking pansies." He says to me. "Why the fuck did we agree to this?"

"Cause we love her and would do anything for her. Even if it means wearing these fucking clothes."

I hated the fact that we couldn't wear our fucking cuts. Its who we are. We are not some rodeo bullshit wanna be clowns. Even though CoralAnne is used to something like this.

We walk down the stairs to the common room and bar. And as soon as we hit the last step all eyes wre on us. It was dead silent. That is until Gunner opens his mouth and tries to talk a southern accent offering us a beer.

Then the whole room erupted in to hysterical laughter. Both Switchbalde ,CoralAnne's dad, and I roll our eyes and flick them off. What made matters worse is when our pres King shows up and starts taking pictures of us. Like this is some stupid fucking bet we lost.

So we stood at the bar with beers in our hand drinking. Making small talk as we wait for CoralAnne. I was seriously getting impatient.

What in the hell is taking this girl so long?

Of course we all were waiting for her to make her appearance. I swear I think she is doing this on purpose to me and her dad. But even though we are getting teased for wearing this shit. I'm sure it will be worth it. At least I hope.

I had my back towards the stares when a voice spoke out that CoralAnne was ready to make her entrance. I slowly turned expecting her to already be on the stairs but nope. True diva fashion, she is waiting for all eyes to be on her.

As I was watching, I started to see glimpses of her dress. And when she fully made her appearance, I swore I've died and gone to heaven.

 And when she fully made her appearance, I swore I've died and gone to heaven

I told her she looked amazing and she said it back. I can tell she wanted to call me by my name but was hesitant.

So when we got to the carriage outside I told her for tonight she can call me by my name. Her dad smiled as we helped her in.

The ride there was full of chatter about how this event thing was to go down.

As we finally got to where we were supposed to be, I could tell that CoralAnne was nervous. And something inside my own gutt wasn't feeling it.

I got out first and extended my hand to help her down. Her dad did his best to hold her dress so she wouldn't rip it or fall on her face.

Once the three of us entered, I knew this night was gonna give me a headache. The music sucked. I mean straight ass sucked. I'm watching people smile and dance to this whiney shit. I so desperately needed a drink or 50.

CoralAnne's dad looked at me and leaned in. "Is it me or does this spund like nails on a chalkboard. Better yet, sounds like some of those gutter skanks I used to fuck back in the day. Uh my bleeding ears."

I tried to hold back my laughter but it slipped. CoralAnne looked at both of us and snickered. So we just glared at her which only made her laugh more.

Eventually we laughed a little together and made our way to the bar. Seems the women here weren't allowed to drink the hard stuff, only the men can. And if you call this amber liquid hard, then you must be a pussy. There was no way this was going to get me buzzed or even drunk.

Switch and I stood off to the side watching the area. Well he was. I was more than doing that. I was also watching CoralAnne. My eyes always found her after looking around.  She was the only one dressed in blue. And damnit if she didn't glow.

And it seems I'm not the only one looking. Several men were fixated on her like a horny teenage boy, like  their first wet dream. And the girls like catty high school bitches.

"Switch, I wanted to ask you something?"

But before I could he looked at me. "Hammer, you have my blessing to marry my daughter. You had it all along. Just do it soon ok?"

I chuckled at him. "Tonight, here in front of everyone work for you?" I asked him. He nodded but told me he wanted a dance first with his baby girl.

Her dad went over to her and asked for a dance or two. I smiled at how a memory he told me. He said at one time he felt like he was half the man he was supposed to be. But the day CoralAnne called him dad, he knew he became whole.

After watching them dance for a bit and seeing her interact with some of the other guys there I knew it was time to put those boys in their places. I mean I cleaned up pretty damn well for her, hair was cut and neatly styled.

Sh had her back towards me as I walked up. She was talking to several couples. The girls started staring at me, which I knew was gonna happen
No I'm not conceded. Im just very tall and built like a brick house and have tattoos. Im a fucking biker. These are just rodeo clowns who probably wouldn't even know how to fight if they had to.

"Excuse me, I hate to interupt the conversation that is taking place."  See I can be polite. All eyes turned to me. Especially the ones I wanted."Miss CoralAnne, I was wondering if I could be honored a moment of your time and have this dance?"  I held out my hand to her. Our eyes never leaving each other.

"I would be honored to have this dance with you."

She curtsied and I gently bowed. As she took my hand and we made our way to the dance floor. It was like we were the only two in the room at the time. All eyes fixated on her.

We danced and she felt so good on my arms, despite the uncomfortable clothes I was in and her big ass dress.

I waited as the song was over and dropped to my knee. Her hands went over her mouth.

"CoralAnne, the moment you came into my life I knew there was something different yet special about you. The way you looked and was so carefree on Onyx I just knew I was fixated on you. And yeah we had a rocky situation a time or two, but I wouldn't trade them in for anyone.  You get along with my brothers. It was like you were part of our family even before we found each other. I would be honored and humbled if you except this ring and become my wife. Will you marry me?"

I held out the ring for her.

"YES YES YES.!!!!!"  She said.

But just as I was sliding the ring on her finger gunshots rang thru the air and screams could be heard.

That's  when the world we knew, changed. And it wasn't for the better.