02

Hyunhee's POV

It's weekdays, so we're here at school and I turn to my left to see Seohyunnie fumbling with the papers in her hand. I know she's nervous and Haneul is trying to calm her down.

She was chosen to present a report in front of the class. Everyone knows about her struggles in speaking including our teacher, Mrs Shin, but we can't blame her coz she picked the reporter by writing our names down on a paper, put it in a bowl then picked one.

"Calm down you're not gonna die" I heard Haneul said and Seohyun lightly hit her.

"Seohyun, are you ready to present?" Mrs Shin asked with a kind smile on her face.

"I-i don't t-think so" Seohyun answered

"Aww come on, I know you can do it, sweetie" our teacher encouraged her. Aunt Chaer is so kind, she's one of eomma Hyunjin's friends.

Haneul stands up and pull Seohyun with her. Han is going to help Seohyun by moving the slides to another. She sits in front of Seo's laptop and clicked the power point presentation made by Seohyun.

"You can start now, Seohyun"

"H-hi, I'm J-jeong Seohyun and m-my report for today i-is all about N-newton's law of m-motion" Seohyunnie started off, me and Ha have a smile on our faces to encourage her to continue. She nods and awkwardly smile before continuing.

"Newton's l-laws of motion are t-three laws that des...cribe the rela-relationship between the mo-motion of an object and the f-f-forces acting on it"

"M-mo-mo-mot-motion" one of our classmates mocked Seohyun then laughs causing Seohyun to look down, looking discouraged. I slam my hands on my table and glare at the boy.

"What's so funny?" Hyunnie said in a scary tone and even her smile is nowhere to be seen.

"Your friend sound so stupid-"

"You're the one who's stupid" Hyunnie stands up

Seohyun's POV

"Unnie" I called Hyun-unnie, she looks at me and I shake my head. She sighs before sitting back. Mrs Shin scolds the boy who made fun of me and after that, I continue my presentation.

Everytime I saw one of my classmates laughing at me, I would look at the unnies who has comforting and encouraging smiles on their faces.

Thanks to God, it ended quickly and I went back to my seat with my head down.

"Hey, Seohyunnie, you did great" Yuchae said who's sitting behind me.

"She's right just ignore the chubby boy at the last row" Yeji said and I nods.

"Thanks, Chae and Ji" they smiled at me and I face the front.

-

Haneul's POV

"Don't stare too much" I purposely nudged Seohyun and continue eating. She cleared her throat and peel her eyes off of Jinjin-unnie. She's so obvious oh my god.

I keep on eating while watching my friends give each other meaningful looks. Hyun-unnie and Seo looking at Jinjin-unnie and Jinjin-unnie is subtly looking back at Hyun-unnie. I wanna throw up for real. My friends are doomed.

"I told you to eat your veggies" Seohyun said and wow she made a sentence without stuttering. She almost sounded like Aunt Jungie pfffttttt.

"I don't like veggies" Jinjin-unnie said

My whipped friend get the vegetables from the side of Jinjin-unnie's plate and eat it. I saw how Hyun-unnie looks at her with a hint of jealousy? I don't know anymore. It's so frustrating to watch them. I just wanna eat and this is what I will see. Smh.

"Argh this is so frustrating" I complained and the three looked at me.

"What's frustrating?" Hyun-unnie asked

"Nothing" I answered and shove a burrito in my mouth. I'm getting too much stress from them.

They're back at giving each other glances again and I cannot take it anymore. I stand up and bring my snacks with me.

"Y'all know what? Let's just meet at our classroom I can't take this shit anymore" with that, I left.

-

Seohyun's POV

"Come on, Seo~" this girl won't leave me alone. I put down the game controller in my hand and let her drag me outside.

"I told you I already k-know how to ride a bicycle" it was slow as usual but I guess she's used to it by now.

"Oh Seohyunnie" Aunt Hyunjin smiled at me and pat my head.

"Hi Aunty" I smiled back at her and I turn my head to Jinjin-unnie who's trying to get on a bicycle. Aunt Hyunjin went to her and helped her. I smiled. Jinjin-unnie didn't have the chance to learn how to ride a back then because Aunt Hyunjin wasn't there and Aunt Heej was too busy with work. After those years, Aunt Hyunjin is still making it up to Jinjin-unnie for not being with by her side for seven years.

"Let's go, unnie" I went to the other side while Aunt Jini is holding the bike behind as Jinjin-unnie pedals.

I never left her side and followed her to wherever she decided to go. Aunt Jini slowly let go of the bike and told me to shush. I did but still followed her. I can't risk her being hurt.

"Look, eomma-" Jinjin-unnie turned around and see Aunt Jini far behind and started to panic.

"I-I'm here, don't worry" I got a hold of her and help her to steady the handle bar. It just shake even more and I felt her grip on my hoodie.

"I can't do it" she said

"Stop the bike" I said

"How?"

"YAAAA SLOW DOWN!" Aunt Hyunjin shouted

Fuck it. I'm now running while holding her. She won't let go of my arm.

"Use the brakes" how else?

"I can't grip it" she's stupid

"Let go of my hand and grip the brakes" I instructed her

"I don't want to" this girl

I removed my hand from her waist and stop the bike myself. She's been learning how to ride this thing but until now she won't get it.

"Stop learning how to ride this one. I can always give you a ride" I didn't stutter. This just usually happens when I'm comfortable with the person I'm talking to.

I make her get off the bike and I sit on the saddle. While she sits on the top tube and I pedal back to Aunt Hyunjin.