Chapter 4

Moreover, he wanted to know what was Zoya laughing at or.. maybe laughing with? He braced himself and took a deep breath. He knocked on the door lightly.

"Come in!", came her voice.

He pushed open the door to find her sitting cross-legged on her bed with her laptop in hand.

"Hi.", he muttered.

"Aapko kuch chahiye Mr. Khan?", she asked cordially.

"Zoya. Main wo.. actually..", he started making Zoya roll her eyes at him and then a shrill ringtone of Zoya phone filled the room. She quickly picked up the phone.

"Hi Zee!.. Yup... Aahaan... Yes I have mailed that through to you. Please get her to make those changes in the lehenga... Tell her I'll come for the fitting tomorrow morning by 9.", she spoke on the phone with pauses.

"Haha.. sure.. abhi usmein to time hai Zee.. Mera bridal lehenga banane ke liye intezaar karna hoga.", she laughed.

Asad curiously eavesdropped her conversation.

"Pata nahi... Jab ladka milega, tab karlungi shaadi. Tu to booked hai. Warna agar 40 tak meri shaadi nahi hui to main tujhse shaadi karne ka plan kar rahi thi but my bad luck.", she snickered.

Asad's eyes widened.

"Chalo.. tum jao. Give my love to Kashaf. I miss her biryani... Okay.. Allah hafiz!", she wished and cut the call.

"Mr. Khan? Wo actually ke aage bhi kuch kehna tha ya bas utna hi?", she raised her brows at him.

"Zoya main..." he started only to be cut off by a ping on her phone.

"Aage boliye Mr. Khan!", she said unlocking her phone to check the message and smiled.

Asad smiled seeing her lips curve into the most beautiful smile he had ever seen.

"Main tumse maafi maangna chahta hoon Zo!", he said and her smile grew wider and she started typing a message.

Asad scrunched his brows wondering whether the smile was for his apology or for something else.

"Aap meri baat sun rahi hain?", he asked.

"Haan...? Hmm.. sorry.. kya keh rahe the? Got distracted.", she said apologetically.

"I wanted to apologize to-" he started only to be cut off by another ping which made her grin wide again.

She looked towards the door and smiled wide. Asad looked up to see a tall young man stand at Zoya's bedroom door.

"Shravan!!! Oh-my-gawd you're here?", she squealed and ran and hugged him making him laugh.

Asad sat on his bed wondering who this man was. He has never seen or heard of him.

"Stop hyperventilating Zo! I missed you too!", he chuckled.

"Shravan, this is Phupi's son Asad and Mr. Khan, this is Shravan, my college friend from London.", she introduced.

Asad shook his hand curtly as Shravan smiled.

"Chalo Shravan, main tumhe tumhara room dikha deti hoon. You should rest after the long journey. Kal subah breakfast par sabse mil lena.", she smiled.

"Cool!", he walked out and Zoya followed him guiding him to his room.

"Ab ye kaunsa naya villain aa gaya meri life mein?", Asad closed his eyes and huffed, annoyed at everything.

--

"Good Morning lovely people!", Shravan announced as he walked down the stairs to the breakfast table where everyone was seated.