-1-

It was a cold yet beautiful day. The breeze was light, the ocean calm. It was the best day to do this- get it done and over with.

It's not that I didn't enjoy my job, it was just that I hated doing it by myself. It would be boring and there would be no one to talk to.

You could say that I should be used to the loneliness, I never had any friends at school and my parents were never around.

I walked out the house, my camera in hand. I took the tripod out my backpack and started setting it up. The ground here was smooth so it was perfect for the stand.
I placed my camera on the little platform bit and twisted it onto the tripod, carefully, making sure not to drop it.

I waited for a bit for the wind to slow down, then when it did, I snapped some beautiful photos. Some were of the sea, some of the wildlife and some of the general landscape of the cliff. It was a great job and u was paid to go around the world taking photos for magazines and brochures.

Soon the sun shone through cracks in the clouds so I took my equipment back to my house and got lunch ready. I packed it into little boxes and set back out the door to the cliffside.

I lay out the mat on the floor and smiled. I did this regularly, but it never failed to amuse me.

I took the boxes from my basket and opened them up to start eating. I dig into the salad which had vegetables from my own garden. In my opinion, salad was not tasty, but it was good for me and I had to diet since someone was going to do a photoshoot of me soon.

As I finished the salad, I heard a voice behind me.
'so you're not gonna save any for me, then?'

I was speechless. Barely anyone ever came up this cliff due to all the dangers, and if they did, they never talked to me.

I looked up to see a beautiful young girl, around my age, staring at me with a smile on her face.
'can I sit?'

I nodded my head as she walked to the other side of the mat and sat opposite me. I now could see her clearly.

She had dark red hair and green eyes  her face tattooed with freckles. She had a little button nose and rosy red cheeks. She reminded me of someone, I just couldn't remember who.

Without invitation, she opened the basket again and took out a box of mochi. She just started eating them, not leaving me any. I paid a lot for those, mochi is not cheap in the slightest.
'so you're not gonna leave me any?!' I said in disbelief.

'heh. Now we can call it even'

'i don't even owe you anything! That's my food!'
It sounds selfish I know, but it was truth.

~-~-~

I went home that night, with an old memory tingling the back of my brain.

The young girl stood at the cliff edge, weeping. I tried to comfort her but it was no use. She just kept on crying and crying.

Ayo first chapter done.
I think there will be like, 3 more chapters since this is a short story.
Remember to hydrate 😌❤️