Going back

The nearer we got to our destination, the more restless my wolf and me became.

It was just Cade and me in the car. While he looked calm and composed, I was freaking out.

The quite tapping of Cade on his phone and the restless tapping of my feet were the only noises in the car.

A large hand covered my knee, making the tapping stop.

I looked up to find warm brown eyes gazing at me with amusement.

"Calm down babe." Cade chuckled.

"Easy for you to say!" I Snapped.

"Anna, Anna, Anna. Sugar, you think I'll let anything happen to you?" He asked me tenderly as I curled up against his warm chest.

I didn't answer, instead I chose to calm myself down by listening to his strong and steady heartbeat.

Things had changed. Definitely.

Cade and me were lost souls. Both having lost our mates at a young age. But through the sadness, we found something better.

We found each other.

**********

We came to a halt in front of the Pack house.

The area looked barren, without many people around.

My door was opened by Cade, I hopped out and made my way towards the Warriors of our pack.

"No patrol wolves to stop us at the border. The pack lacks in security." I said, instantly going into a professional mode.

"No sign of the Alpha either. This is disrespect on a whole new level." I mumbled under my breath.

Suddenly, I noticed Beta Thompson walking towards us. His eyes did a quick scan us but did a double take when he saw me.

"Anna..." He breathed, as if he couldn't believe it was indeed me.

"Hello, Beta Thompson." I gave him a professional tight lipped smile.

Cade, who Was beside me observing the exchange, cleared his throat. His wolf and him obviously getting annoyed at the lack of acknowledgement.

"Hello Alpha Cade. It's a pleasure to have you here."

"Thank You. Let's get down to business, shall we?"

Beta Thompson led us to an office and asked us to wait before exiting himself.

"Alpha, forgive me for saying this, but this is not how an Alpha should be greeted! I mean his Beta came to greet us, now we have to wait. This behaviour isn't sitting well with me." Our best Warrior, Sam, said.
Murmers of agreement were heard.

"No need to apologise, Sam. Stupid pup's behaviour isn't sitting well with me either." Cade growled.

I grabbed his hand and gave it a  reassuring squeeze.

He grinned at me before pecking me on the cheek. I laughed silently before playfully glaring at him.

Finally, the doors opened and in walked none other than Xavier.

____________________

*UNEDITED*

Filler and short. Sorrrry.

I've sort of deviated from what is typically portrayed at the lead female's new love.

Instead of making Cade a dark and mysterious person, I've made him light hearted and cute. So their relationship will be extremely playful and funny. Heh. :')

FINAL TERM EXAMS ARE GOING ON ARGH.
Two are done, 4 more to goooo!

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND ENJOY ❤ ✨