f o r t y t w o

All rights reserved © 2021

Under no circumstances should this book be reproduced, translated or used without permission from the author (belantti) " Plagiarism is taking the writings or literary ideas of another and selling and/or publishing them as one's own writing. Brief quotes or use of cited sources do not constitute plagiarism. The original author can bring a lawsuit for appropriation of his/her work against the plagiarist and recover the profits. Although not normally a crime, a person who plagiarizes is subject to being sued for fraud or copyright infringement if prior creation can be proved. Penalties vary depending on jurisdiction, the charges brought, and are determined on a case by case basis."

Some scenes may not be suitable for readers under the age of eighteen.

𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒕𝒊

I cross my heart and promise to give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true. In all the world, you'll never find a love as true as mine.❞

The gym's dim lighting cast long shadows on the mats, adding to the intensity of the scene unfolding before me, in the ring

The gym's dim lighting cast long shadows on the mats, adding to the intensity of the scene unfolding before me, in the ring. I circle my Consigliere, who seems equally determined.

Earlier, I told him not to hold back and he seemed to also have some pent up frustration he needed to release. Good. Niccoló was known more for his strategic thinking than his physical prowess. But today, he stood with me in the ring, gloves up, ready to prove his mettle.

It has been a month since the argument between Kimberley and I, and she had been ignoring me like a plague ever since. She no longer came down for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, either eating too early or too late. She now also went for her appointments on her own or with my mother.

I knock my boxing gloves together.

The air is thick with tension, each of us aware that this was more than just a sparring session. Neither of us were holding back.

Once the bell rings, I immediately take the center of the ring, my eyes locked onto Niccoló's. I throw a quick jab, testing the waters. Niccoló dodges, his movements sharp but not fluid.

I growl silently, my eyes cast low and menacingly. I follow up with a right hook, which Niccoló barely manages to block. The force behind the punch sends a shockwave through his arm, but he holds his ground.

He counters with a jab of his own, aiming for my face. It was a decent attempt, but I saw it coming, hence, I weave to the side and retaliate with a powerful uppercut that connects with his jaw. The impact sends him stumbling back, his head spinning.

"You're thinking too much," I say, advancing relentlessly. I was one to talk. I was silently losing my mind, day by day.

Maybe Diavolo Black was right about how I should not have let myself fall for a girl. She was ungrateful and it pissed me the fuck off. Still, Diavolo's actions disgusted me. It was sickening to find out that my own uncle had defiled and murdered my girl's sister. But, I knew I could not kill him. He was la familgia. Top ranked and still had his fair share of loyal followers in the Cosa Nostra.