1.

"Hobi!"

"Hobi!"

He turns around, brown irises locking with the familiar black ones and soon his cheeks are pudding under his eyes, glossy lips pulling into a wide smile when he sees the short frame of his friend rush into his little home.

"Adora! been so long, hasn't it?" He asks her when she sits next to him on the cushion, facing the open backyard coated with falling snow he once was staring at before she arrived. She also has a sickly wide smile on her lips, cheeks and the tip of her nose tinted red with the crisp of the winter and she rests her head on his shoulder.

"yeah, I mean, we just saw each other three hours ago, right?"

"well— ITS STILL LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO MISS MY BEST FRIEND!" Hoseok announces, wrapping an arm around Adora and swinging them side by side.

She laughs, sending shudders down his spine and he wishes he could calm his fast-beating heart.

———

"Wow, you two never moved past the best friend's labels huh?" Jimin says on the phone call, head on his palm as Taehyung and Jin agree to him.

Hoseok sighs, shaking his head as an answer. He is surrounded by a few of the polaroids of his and Adora's which were taken during the winter, a few years back. Now, with his eyes downcast, hands holding the phone upright in his lap as he once again sits in front of his snow-covered backyard, reminiscing in the sweet memories of him and his best friend. Except for this time, the snow doesn't fall.