The next few days went by and Charlie's eyes were yet to meet mine unless we were at the ice rink. I could tell he was beginning to grow more frustrated not being able to find me but hey, this was a game he agreed to play.

The day was coming to a close. I had just finished practice and went into the locker room when Adam approached me. "Faye, can I ask you something?" "Sure," "What's your deal with Charlie?" as the words left his mouth I was confused. "What do you mean?" "He's been asking the ducks about you and if they've seen you around" I let out a soft laugh, "Don't worry about it Bankise, just don't tell him I'm on the team or anything," Adam smiled, "You're weird" "I know".

As Adam walked away Rick came over to me, "So, you and Conway huh?" I rolled my eyes, "Nothing is happening with him and I, he barley knows I exist" "And it should stay that way, just because you're one of our best players doesn't mean anything. You're a nobody" Rick's tone was cold and icy. I knew I would never be somebody but hearing it hurt, however I didn't act that way. 

He began to walk away, "Whatever Riley, go cry to your girlfriend" I mumbled, he quickly turned back around, "Did you say something?" he asked rudely, I stayed quiet. Rick harshly pushed me up against a locker, the back of my head hit the mental giving me a head rush, "I say did you say something. When I ask a question, you respond" "Get off of her," Adam yelled pulling him off of me, "Watch your tone Matthews" I rolled my eyes.

"Are you okay?" the blonde asked, "Yeah, thanks" he nodded and walked away. Adam was the only one on the team that actually liked me. We were similar in the sense that neither of us liked the team, we just liked the sport. 

I changed and made my way home. I spent the rest of my night in my room just listening to music and thinking. I got too in my head and began to panic. I get panic attacks often but this one was bad. I shot up out of bed, grabbed my bag and left to go to the rink. It was late so I assumed Charlie would have already gone home by now. 

I felt like I couldn't breathe, my chest was on fire. I didn't even notice I was crying until I was outside, the tears where warm compared to the cool winter air. I wasn't even paying attention to where I was walking, until I ran into someone.