eight

july 17th '78

abigail slater

ABIGAIL and Ziggy slowly got out of bed to actually be productive. Joan would be having them help make t-shirts today for color war, so they needed to go to the mess hall.

"Ah. Nice to see you Abigail," Joan smiled, then looking at Ziggy. "You too, Ziggy Berman."

Abigail smiled at her. Ziggy also smiled, slightly.

"So, I also had a couple other campers come here to help, including Sheila, Will, and Nick," Joan clapped her hands together.

Abigail's eyes widened, "Wait, are you serious?"

Joan nodded before furrowing her eyebrows, "Is there a problem?"

"I guess not," Abigail sighed.

"Alright then," Joan smiled as Sheila walked into the mess hall. "Hello, Sheila."

Sheila waved, before smirking as she saw Ziggy and Abigail. Ziggy rolled her eyes, standing a little bit closer to Abigail. Then Nick and Will arrived, both at the same time.

"Hello, Nick. Hello, Will," Joan greeted the brothers before turning back to the group. "Are you guys ready? I'll give you guys basic instructions and then leave you to it."

Abigail mentally rolled her eyes. If she had to be around all of these awful people, it would've been nice for Joan to have stayed. Abigail caught Nick staring at her, with a glare. She glared back, before slipping her hand into Ziggy's.

Ziggy looked down at her. Abigail smiled softly.

"Alrighty. I'm going to go see if Kurt needs any help with anything. Let me know if you need anything," Joan smiled before exiting the mess hall.

Everyone awkwardly stood in silence for a couple of seconds.

"Well, this is going to be fun," Sheila smirked.

Will looked to her and smiled. Nick stayed silent.

Abigail and Ziggy moved to a different table to work on the shirts. It wasn't long before they started to get messed with by the other kids.

"I never expected you to be like this, little miss perfect," Sheila began, looking at Abigail. "Like, into girls. I wouldn't be surprised if you're faking it for attention."

Abigail rolled her eyes, holding up her middle finger.

"Oh, she's definitely faking it. One minute she's all over my brother and the next she's all over Ziggy Berman?" Will smirked.

"I honestly couldn't care less about what any of you have to say, but please shut the hell up. I am trying to focus and help Joan with these shirts," Abigail scoffed.

"We can speak if we want," Sheila glared.

"Okay, then don't speak to or about me or Ziggy," Abigail narrowed her eyes.

Ziggy was surprised that Nick hadn't had anything to say, so she suspiciously watched him as he worked alone on his own t-shirts. Abigail looked at Ziggy, with a questioning look, which Ziggy responded with a shrug.

"Why are we so unfortunate?" Ziggy whispered to Abigail.

Abigail smiled softly, "I don't know."

"It seriously couldn't have been anyone else? Joan had to pick us and all of those assholes?" Ziggy rolled her eyes.

"I guess so," Abigail laughed slightly.

Nick had been listening to Abigail and Ziggy. He was being so quiet because he was embarrassed to have been punched in the face by Ziggy. He just hoped that she hadn't told anyone and wouldn't bring it up.