The Bucketlist

"I'm sorry Connor, but your looks like shit," I laughed.

"I knew I should've made it a lion," he said. "Now we have to figure out how to get money for sky diving."

"Is it too late to change my list?" I asked regreting my decisions.

"I'm afraid so. What if we....um."

"Start a cat walking business?"

"I was thinking about having a yard sale or something, but your idea sounds pretty good too," he said with a smile.

"Forget I said anything," I groaned. "Did you find out how much sky diving costs?"

"Uh...yeah. It costs about $230 per person," he said with a weak smile.

"So let's see. I get paid $8 an hour. I work about 8 hours a day. You get paid $0 an hour because you don't even have a job. Without the yard sale idea, it would take-" I stop to do work on my calculator. "About a week to make enough for the both of us."

"How about this: I'll sell all the shit I don't need in a yard sale and see if that's enough."

"Only if I get rid of my stuff too."

"Then let's get to work."

We spent the next few hours getting everything ready. It wasn't all that hard. We had crap lieing everywhere. We just had to set up tables and make a few posters to put around the street. Our inventory consisted of:

-My billion and one beanie babies

-Some posters I never put on my wall nor did I want

-Old clothes

-Old cassette tapes (because we don't have a vcr)

-Office supplies

-My old guitar that I never use

-Connor was even willing to sell some of his many hats 

It wasn't much, but at least it was something. Our apartment even looked a bit cleaner. All there was left to do was wait. And low and behold it didn't take long. Most of our customers were little kids buying up the beanie babies and movies, but hey, people were actually coming. Some teenagers came every once in a while to buy clothes and Connor's hats. I sold my old N*Sync poster to a girl who looked about my age. A teen came and bought my guitar. In the end, we sold everything except a couple stuffed animals and pieces of clothing.

"How much money is that Connor?" I asked, hoping we didn't have to do anymore work.

"Well. We made a little over $250," he sighed.

"Damnit. I thought that would be enough!"

"I did too. But all we got was $480," Connor said trying not to burst out laughing.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I laughed. I tackeld him with out thinking and he quickly blocked the tackle with a kiss.

"Looks like you have to reschecdule any plans you made for Saturday."

The days leading up to the trip went by WAY too quicly. I blinked and it was time for us to leave.  I'll save you some time and skip forward to where we're sitting in the plane. It's one thing to fly in an airplane, but another to sit in a small plane with the door wide open. My knees instantly turned to jelly. Lucky for me Connor was there. Since it was our first time, we couldn't go seperately. He put his hands around my waist and kept a tight grip, making sure not to let go. Then, without warning, he jumped. 

I thought it would be aweful and horrifying, but honestly, it was exciting and exhilerating. It felt good to have the cold air pushing up against my body as we plummeted. Connor quickly gave me one quick kiss before pulling the cord for the parachute. Our speed drastically slowed down and we were slowly drifting to the ground.