Chapter 1 - The Rebirth of the End

1000 years ago...

"Sukuna! Careful!" You grabbed onto the back of the teenager's shirt as he had lost his footing on the cliffside and had begun to fall. Pulling quickly, you ripped the boy away from certain death from a fall off the cliff's edge and yanked his body towards you.

Fear scorned through in your heart, an unusual emotion that you didn't particularly enjoy. But then again, it excited you how much your physiology changed when you felt human emotions. Wrapping your arms around his shoulders you exhaled hard as you both fell backwards onto the ground.

You felt the dirt against your back hard under both of your weights, and you heard Sukuna exhale sharply, perhaps it was a wince? You couldn't guess, you didn't possess human lungs.

He always had this feverish warmth about him.. whenever your fingers grazed over his skin. It was like he was on fire... Or maybe it was just a human body's reaction to being in contact with an imaginary demon such as yourself.

You could feel the weight of the teenager's torso shift, pinning you down more, and you opened your eyes to see Sukuna's incredibly red face. As his eyes bore straight down to his hands which had landed against your chest. "Y-Y-Y-u-(Y/n).." He was stammering, his pink hair nervously twitching in spikes, trying his hardest not to accidentally squeeze his hand. Before he threw himself off of you with a loud, "I'M SORRY MY LADY!"

You couldn't help yourself, you burst out laughing, covering your chest with your arms although your kimono (see below) did most of the work, as you sat up slowly in the grass.

Sukuna was looking down at his hands like he had just touched a sacred treasure and his hands were now expected to be cut off his body. There was a reason for this after all, as you had disguised your livelihood in the ancient city of Takayama by becoming the concubine of the Great Lord who ruled. You were also given a noblewoman status, and were called Hime-sama (Princess) in respect of your given status in the kingdom.

With your gift for human mind manipulation, you had given the illusion to the Great Lord that you were his personal concubine and therefore needed to live in your own palace wing, in order to be at his beck and call. Though, under your control, the Lord had never called on you once.

So you were free to do as you pleased, with the benefits of being treated as the kingdom's highest-status lady. Receiving gifts from both the Great Lord and travelling lords and merchants paying respect to the Lord by buying you dresses and exotic foods.

As expected, the reaction of the teenager as he clutched his own traitorous hand out in front of him amused you enormously. You had to cover your mouth as you lulled your laugh down to a cheerful hum, and the pink-haired boy finally gained the courage to look at you.

"Sukuna-kun, I'm just happy you didn't fall" You waved your hand gently up and down in a 'don't mind' manner as the 18-year-old held out his forearm so you could grab his wrist. Then he pulled you back up onto your bare feet. You never enjoyed wearing the wooden sandals humans made, so you didn't wear them.