Finally

Flirting. Nonstop flirting. Well, playful flirting. Like complimenting one another, texting each other heart eye emojis, blushing when around the other...
But we're still not officially a couple, which sucks, because I've been dying to call him mine.
"It'll happen soon, and I can truthfully say I was the first sailor to get on the ship." Vanessa teases which causes me to roll my eyes in response. "What?"
"Nothing." I smile, shrugging before the front door to our small apartment opens. It's Zach, Vanessa's brother, and she raises a brow as he steps in without a word.
"Uh, hey?" She crosses her arms, tilting her head a bit to the side. "Wh-What're you here for?" I awkwardly stand there, glancing around the room.
"You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell me?" He closes the door behind him, trying his best to scowl at his younger sister only to fail once a smile cracks. "It's about time. I didn't think it'd ever happen, actually."
"Oh, shut the hell up. How did you find out, anyway?"
"How did I find out? Are you seriously-" He facepalms. "Justin."
"What?"
"Your boyfriend's name is Justin, correct?" I look over at Ness, who nods slowly, a look of confusion in her eyes. It's like watching a telenovela.
"Yeah...? But we call him Jc... Is there something I should know?"
"Are you kidding me? Ness, he used to be my best friend all from kindergarten up to fifth grade. Then we went to different middle schools and lost contact." He glares at her, a look of betrayal in his eyes. "And I ran into him again today at the store. We talked for a bit and he said he got a girlfriend and I didn't think anything of it until he described you, and I asked if he had a picture and he showed me a selfie of you kissing his cheek and I debated on whether to kill the son of a bitch or high five him."
My eyes widen, my jaw drops, and I look back and forth between the siblings. Vanessa blushes profusely, Zach has his arms crossed, and suddenly, the doorbell rings.
"I'll get it!" I exclaim. Jogging over to it, I turn the doorknob, only to find Kian standing there with a dorky smile on his face.
I'm so tempted to kiss him.
"Hey, are you-"
"MY BEST FRIEND!"
"OH, MY GOD, ZACH! REALLY? GIVE IT A REST! IT'S BEEN LIKE, A CENTURY. HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?"
"Busy? Mmmm, no." I peer back at the two of them briefly before smirking, taking a step out and closing the door carefully behind me. "So... What's up?"
"I was going for a walk alone and I got kinda bored." He shrugs, blushing. I scoff, biting my lip as he gives me a look of confusion.
"A walk, huh? You just so happened to be right on my block?" I grab his hand, and he intertwines our fingers before squeezing it tight.
"What can I say? I guess it's destiny." He winks at me jokingly, causing redness to cover my face. Then he laughs. "Am I right?" I lean my head on his shoulder, almost burying it as to hide my tint as he continues laughing before placing a kiss on my head.
God, why couldn't we just date already? Wasn't this basically dating, just without the official label?
"Kian, can I... Can I ask you something?" I ask, chewing my lip in anticipation. A look of worry grows on his face before he nods.
"Yeah."
"Okay, well, um..." I stop, which causes him to stop too. I look down as he lifts my chin so that I'm looking up at him, and I feel myself blushing more than ever. "I really, really like you... A lot, Kian."
RED ALERT. RED ALERT. I REPEAT, RED ALERT.
"I'm glad to hear that, 'cuz I really, really like you too. A lot more than a lot, actually." He smirks down at me, licking his lips and then biting down on one. Not sure whether he wants to kiss me or not, I just look down again and nod.
"That's... Nice."
That's nice? Idiot.
"That's nice?" He perks a brow, letting out an awkward chuckle. I shake my head, burying my face in my hands before letting out a muffled laugh.
"No, no, I mean... I'm not good at this. Like, I don't know what to do now. Are we like-" And before I can continue, he pulls my hands away from my face, holding them in front of the two of us as he kisses me. I finally pull away slowly, leaving his lips lingering over mine, before he looks into my eyes once more and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.
"It's okay. Me too."
"Please date me." I say without thinking, before quickly cupping a hand over my mouth as he laughs hysterically. "KIAN!" He gets serious again, looking at me with nothing but lust in his eyes.
"Please date me." He repeats before laughing so hard he begins coughing. I fold my arms.
"Shut up."
"Make me." He grins, before leaning in to kiss me again. I happily oblige, placing my hands on his cheeks. I can feel his smile halfway into the kiss before we break again. "Okay, okay. I guess I can date you."
"I don't think you actually have a problem with that." I wink, causing him to blush.
"I never said I did."