You can't run

As I woke up to a loud shout outside I became aware of how cold my room felt, I listened closely to the chaos being caused outside by Mary and her husband, I hadn't known Mary for long because I had just moved here but I knew her husband was abusive, by here I meant a town called Cherryville, let me be honest upfront I'm here because I'm running from my past but I knew I couldn't run forever.

I knew it wouldn't take long for my past to catch up to me but I thought I had more time.

It's been weeks since I left the house I was just so afraid of him finding me, for you all to understand my fear I need to take you back into the past.

I was twenty years old when I first met him, he was the sweetest most caring person I've ever met, as he walked over to my table my heart started to pound and that's how it all started, he introduced himself as Jim, we talked all night and then met for weeks after that. I hadn't felt that happy in ages. Jim was tall with light-colored skin, brown eyes, and a smile that could light up a room. He made me feel so safe but looking back at everything I should've seen the signs that he was just using me. After four months of dating, Jim asked me to marry him, we got married a month after that. I know stupid of me to rush into things but I was convinced I was in love. It didn't take long for things to take its turn, Jim became abusive both physically and mentally he'd drink bottles of alcohol per day, he wouldn't work and provide for us. I tried to leave but it was futile he threatened me too much, I was just so scared. One day he crossed the line he had threatened to kill me already but today, in particular, he bought a gun and threatened me with it, as he fell asleep, I escaped and ran and just continued to run. I contacted the police and got a restraining order but that wasn't much help.

As I write these things down I know he's close, he's been watching me for months, I talked to the police about it but I had no evidence. I just heard a glass break downstairs, he's here now, I locked myself in the bathroom and called the police but it'll be too late by then nothing will stop him from killing me I knew too much about his past now. He's outside my door now sadly I still love him after everything and after what I found out about him. This is my story and this is my end.