Chapter 2;;

Chapter 2:

—————————————————————————————————

〔Jung Heewon's POV〕

I almost felt like crying. Kim Dokja was really here, not sleeping or dead, but awake and alive. I almost jumped on him when he walked into the cafe with Yoo Jonghyuk.

Lee Jihye then appeared from the back.

"Is it really him? The boy that walked in with master??"

I smiled at her and nodded slowly.

"Gosh really.."

Her eyes started to water, but she still held in the urge to cry. She glanced at Kim Dokja and then tilted her head.

"He's a bit small to be in high school though, don't you think?"

I also looked at Kim Dokja. Now that I was paying close attention to his body, it was all bones. And he had bandages peeking out of his collar.

....

Bandages..?

〔Yoo Jonghyuk's POV〕

I wanted to savor Kim Dokja's face. It was the first time I had seen it, unfiltered. He had black hair, unkempt but you couldn't say it was messy. He had really light skin, probably from lack of sunlight. He had really long eyelashes and black round eyes to match the color of his hair. He had a very slim face with a few faded scars here and there.

I figured not only was this suicidal rat neglected at home, but hurt at school aswell. It seems a few people need a fist to the face to figure out that hurting Kim Dokja is a death wish.

I stared at Kim Dokja a little while longer and then Jung Heewon came to the small table.

"Here is your food."

She smiled at Kim Dokja while setting down our food and drinks. She looked at me then mouthed,

'Meet me at the back.'

She left the table. I looked back at Kim Dokja who looked like he ran a marathon. He was sweating buckets and glanced at me.

"Eat."

He was trembling.

"I-I'm not really hungry, so.."

"You're so malnourished that anyone would think you're in middle school."

I watched as Kim Dokja opened his mouth multiple times, but it didn't seem like anything was going to come out of his mouth. He sighed and gave me a look of defeat. He picked up the cake-pop and popped the entire thing in his mouth. He chewed slowly for a few seconds, his eyes widened and he started to chew faster. He looked kinda like a hamster with stuffed cheeks.

I picked up my mug and slowly sipped, not taking my eyes off Kim Dokja.

"I have to go to the bathroom for a second. I'll be back."

"Oh.. okay."

Kim Dokja looked a little down when I told him that. How cute.

I got up from my seat and started to walk towards the back, where I saw Jung Heewon and Jihye waiting for me.

"Master!!"

My 'disciple', Lee Jihye, was waving towards me. I looked at her while walking towards them, signalling to her that I acknowledge her presence.

"I'm sure the kids would be glad to see Dokja again."

"Even though now, ahjussi is almost their age."

Lee Jihye snickered at the thought of the kids calling a boy almost their age 'ahjussi'.

"Yoo Jonghyuk."

Jung Heewon's tone was suddenly serious. I glanced at Jihye. She nodded and left us alone.

〔Kim Dokja's POV〕

What's taking Yoo Jonghyuk so long in the bathroom?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

I'm so sorry everyone (;o;)! This chapter is a bit late and I just realized that it didn't upload quite right. I will make sure to make the next chapters a bit longer, although sometimes I might not meet the deadline. I upload every Friday, so make sure to check it out every week!! (^^)