𝟎𝟏

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ ɪ

𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐍𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐡 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚕.

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

I shoved my hands in my jacket pocket as the cool, night air hit me. My earphones played a Summer Walker song lowly as I kept my eyes on my surroundings since the street lights were useless.

I sighed in annoyance remembering the text I received from my mama ten minutes before it was time for me to get off work. The reasoning was inconsiderate and an argument would be happening tonight, I felt it.

"Bullshit." I mumbled. "Fucking bullshit."

Walking for a good five minutes or more, the corner store was calling my name. I decided to go there but soon enough regretted it seeing the guys by the door.

"Say love." One whistled and I cringed.

As I got closer, three of them walked up on me causing me to scrunch my face up. "Back up, fuck is y'all problem?"

"Hoe you can get pimped out like the rest of these bi-"

"Like the rest of these what?" A voice came up behind me catching their attention and I used that as my escape to go in the store.

I don't know why my heart was beating so fast but I had to control it before I started to have a panic attack.

"Aye." The door chimed and I recognized the same voice from outside. I turned around reluctantly trying to act calm as possible.

"Huh?"

"You know where you at?" He questioned and walked closer to me.

"Uh yeah." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Ain't never seen you over here before, where you going?"

"I don't know you like tha-"

"Where you going?" He asked this time with a lot more authority in his tone and I could tell he wasn't gonna buy my answer.

"Home." I mumbled.

"Coming from where?"

"Are you the police?" I frowned.

"Far from the police." He chuckled. "I'm not asking again."

"My job."

"Get what you getting and hurry up."

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You slow or retarded? I'm tryna prevent shit from happening to you, either accept it or let niggas do what they gone do." He stared with an emotionless look on his face.

I decided to keep quiet and turned to get what I was coming for and he followed behind me.

I feel like a white bitch right now, confuzzled is the word.

I sighed before picking up two bags of hot Cheeto puffs and a bag of hot Funyuns. "Know yo insides fucked up." He tried to mumbled.

"These aren't for me." I told him walking out the aisle going up to the counter and he took two packs of Ranch sunflower seeds stuffing them in his pocket.

"You supposed to pa-"

"Ion care."

Well then.

I walked up to the counter placing my stuff up there taking a five out my pocket watching the clerk ring up my items with shaky hands taking glances at the unknown beside me.

"You can't do that fast enough?" He asked.

"S-sorry."

What?

I refused to look at him and just let the clerk take my money and count out my change before I took it along with my bag.

"Thank you." I sent him a small smile feeling a sense of sympathy for him, I had no clue why I just seen how scared he was.

"N-no problem." He nodded quickly walking towards the back.

"Bitch ass nigga." The unknown muttered and pushed the door open holding it for me.

"Thank you."

He simply ignored me and I mugged him slightly as I followed him to his car. "You stay far?"

"About ten minutes away." I stated. "I really appreciate the gesture but-"

"Just get in, I'm not on no weird shit you trying me now."

I opened the passenger door feeling a little on edge as I said a small prayer getting in letting out a nervous breath and rubbed my hands on my jeans trying to get them warm.

He started his car up and turned the heat system on high before starting to back out taking the blunt from behind his ear.

"You smoke?"

"I have asthma." I replied causing him to laugh.

"Childish ass, that shit still exist?"

This boy got some nerve.

"Asthma isn't created by the government like Ebola, where is it gonna go?"

"I just ain't heard about it in a long time, still childish." He shrugged putting the blunt back behind his ear.

I looked over at him getting a better view and a few tattoos covered his face and neck along with his hands.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Make sure it's not stupid."

"What's your name?"

"Symere." He replied dryly.

"....seriously?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You tryna be funny? Cause that's actually my real name." He glanced at me with a mug on his face.

"It's different that's all."

"Okay India." He muttered. "Basic ass."

"How you kno-"

"Name tag idiot." He said and I looked down at my jacket.

"Been insulting me for a while now, chill."

Never had nothing nice to say.

Surprisingly, he stayed quiet the entire ride to my house and once we got there I grabbed my bag as he watched me.

"Thank you again." I opened the door.

He gave me a simple nod as I closed his door and I thanked God I made it home safe, wild how stuff started out as stranger danger to a bitch getting a ride from one.

I opened the front door with my key realizing the car was in the yard and she actually could have picked me up from work.

I looked out the peephole and saw he was still sitting in the driveway causing me to frown, a minute later he finally pulled off.

"Strange." I mumbled.

I turned and saw the dining room lights and I took my shoes off by the door. "Who dropped you off?" My step dad asked causing a look to come over my face.

"None of your business, the car is in the yard so one of y'all could've picked me up." I said.

"Take that up with ya mama." He took a sip of his beer turning the tv up.

"Pathetic." I rolled my eyes.

"Somebody dropped you off?" She walked out of the kitchen stopping me.

"Yeah a stranger who felt bad for me, it's cold outside and dark and you decided to be here as if nothing could've happened to me."

"But you're here right?" She stared at me.

"Does it ma-"

"Nothing happened to you." She walked off.

"Dumb shit." I mumbled going to my room as I closed the door getting the sniffles.

Allergies been kicking my butt.