Chapter 6

The room went silent as Cruella broke the news. Everyone was in shock and some even questioned on how this happened. Zira sighed and left King Candy's body on the floor. Many of the villains questioned on how he died.

"Did he drown?"

"Did he have a heart attack?

Gus approached the body and bent down to it. He sniffed it and smelt a familiar rust-like scent. He gasped and stood up,  moving the body and saw a big wound, fresh and bleeding. He backed up and almost fell before Facilier caught him. "You alright, little buddy?" He asked as he stood the hamster back on his feet.

Gus panted and faced everyone. "I..I think that King Candy was murdered..." He said with fear. Everyone gasped and were unsure, though Jafar walked to the body and looked it over. He stood up and sighed remorsefully.

"Gus is right. Candy was murdered. The wound in his chest is fresh, so this is recent." He spoke. Many of the villains were worried and were wondering on how this could've happened. Gus sighed and lowered his head, remorseful for his friend. Facilier patted his back to comfort him.

Later that day, they buried King Candy's body and had the felines to sniff the area for clues, much to their dislike. Gus decided to look around inside. He sniffed the air and walked around the mansion. He kept walking until he bumped into Ratcliffe. Gus cowered underneath the former governor's gaze as he glared down at him.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I-I'm trying to look for clues. I want to help the others in finding King Candy's killer." He squeaked softly. Ratcliffe huffed and grabbed his arm, moving the hamster aside and placed him down.

"You won't find anything there." He said and walked off. Gus stood up and shook himself before he noticed his arm. Faint red stained his white fur and the familiar copper scent hit his nose. Taking a deep breath, Gus went in the direction Ratcliffe went and saw him in his room. He peeked in and saw the man sitting on a chair, cleaning his sword with a rag.

He was cleaning blood off of the sword.