chapter 2

A year later, she called them down to tell them that she had big news to tell them and they wondered what the news could be.

they asked, "mom what is the news?".

she said ''they know how she has been going on dates with a new guy and leaving them with a babysitter in the house".

they said, "yeah, what about it?''.

she said, "well she and this new guy have been getting to know each other really well and have decided to get married".

they were feeling a lot of emotions as they tried to understand this shocking news that their mom just said.

they yelled, "no one can replace the awesome moments they had with dad, nooooooooooooooooooooooone!".

they went up to their rooms and locked the doors and cried and went to sleep mad. The next morning, they went down to eat breakfast and as they were eating mom came up to them.

Mom asked, "can they talk about this?''.

they replied, "no why should they talk about it, when there is nothing to talk about''.

they said, "he and his sisters took a vote and they are all against this whole remarriage".

they finished eating, took a shower, and went into their rooms to change clothes. they played their video games and watched tv and did not want to hear anything about it. they stayed in their rooms till it was time for lunch and as they noticed their stomachs were growling and they knew they were hungry. they went down to eat what food they could find in the fridge to eat and heated it in the microwave. She came down to the kitchen.

She asked, "do they want to go out to eat or want to order food, or do they prefer If she makes them something to eat?".

they told her that "they are already heating food to eat but thanks for asking anyway".

she looked at them with a surprise on her face

she said" ok".

their food was ready to eat and they took it out of the microwave and headed to their rooms to eat. they ate their food and drank what they wanted to drink, then laid down watching their favorite show until they fell asleep. Mom knocked on the door but there was not an answer, she opened the door and saw that they were already asleep and turned off the tv and closed the door. The next morning, they woke up hoping that today would be a better day without any other news that mom would not throw at them and there she called them again to tell them that she wants to talk about it. they just were not ready to talk because dad just died a year ago and now, she wants to remarry another man a year after he passed on and went to heaven.

they told mom "sorry mom they are just not ready to talk about it still, but they will let her know when we are ready to talk".

Mom looked at them and said, "ok she will be waiting when they are ready".

they left mom's room and went to the bathroom to brush their teeth and take a shower to get ready to eat breakfast. they finished taking a shower and headed to their rooms to change, after putting on their clothes they went down to the kitchen to heat popcorn. Although they know popcorn is not going to fill their stomach, they were not that hungry so after the popcorn was ready, they headed to their rooms to watch tv and eat popcorn.

A few hours after breakfast was over, she knocked on the door and wondered "if they wanted pizza or Chinese food or any food of their choice".

they said, "yes they want pizza and Chinese food".

She went out to buy the food they wanted and as they waited for her to come back, they went back to watching tv.

A couple of minutes later, she called to tell them that "she was at the pizza store and asked, "what do they want as topping".

We responded  "they want sausage, buffalo chicken, and pepperoni for the topping"

she said, "ok she will get exactly what they said, see them in a bit".

they hung up the phone and continued watching tv while lying in bed in their rooms.

Then, an hour later she arrived home exclaimed "kids, she's home and she got everything they wanted".

they scurried down the stairs in a rush to get their food from the kitchen, bring it up to their rooms and eat while laying down watching tv. One moment later, as they were watching tv they fell asleep, mom came into the room and saw they were asleep.

She tucked them in and turned off the tv.

She said "good night"

And she closed the door. Mom went to her room and laid in bed and fell asleep a few mins later.