「 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜. 」

- ☆ -

Code's Pov.

Y/n and I, walked through the corridor as we saw Kawaki and Jigen enter the lab. So they're starting. Kawaki glanced at Y/n one last time before we entered the training room.
"We'll start?" I asked her.
"Ya, let's go."
A couple of hours later she was panting on the floor with multiple cuts and bruises.
"I can see you're improving, slowly but steadily." She wiped the blood from her lip and looked at me.
"I can't land a hit on you and we've been doing this for seven months."
"You can't land a hit yet." I got out my arm so she could get up, "If it were a normal shinobi you would've definitely won but that's not the point. I'm just making you stronger. Anyway, the other day you mentioned you had a summoning."
"A snake."
"Do you mind?" She took some blood from her hand where she got a cut from and made the hand signs for the summoning. A moment later there was a huge 'poof' in the room.
"Y/n-sama-" The snake looked around, "Where are we? This is nowhere near where you are from...are we in a different dimension?"
"Mikoto," She turned her head slightly and looked at the snake, "Don't ask questions. Your job is to help me so stick to that."
"Y/n-sama, what has gotten-"
"Shut it." The snake immediately went quiet, "Now, Code. What are you planning?"
"What if-" From the corner of my eye, I saw Jigen enter the room.
"Code." He called out.
"Yes, Jigen?"
"It's done." He looked at Y/n as she raised an eyebrow.
"How did it go?"
"He fought back but nothing too hard." Jigen kept eyeing her for any reaction.
"Can we go back to training?" She asked. I looked at Jigen for approval.
"...yes you can." He looked at me and her one last time before leaving. I turned back to her.
"You're not curious?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"About what? That Kawaki left?" She said in her usual tone.
"How did you know?" She shrugged, "You're not bothered by it?"
"No. Why would I be?"
"You were both close."
"Spying on us I see." She put her hand on her hip, "Bonds are useless to me. Because of how I acted towards him he didn't once try to escape if you noticed. Even if he did try to, you would've found him. I still gave him a reason to stay. If you also eavesdropped on our conversations he mentioned he'll get strong so one day both of us could escape...and I'm sure I heard you and Jigen talk about his major progress...So, you should be thanking me instead."
"I see...thank you then."
"Anyway, you were saying?"
"Is the snake the only summoning you got?" She glanced at it.
"Is there a problem?"
"No, no, not at all. It's better to be prepared..."
"I might have an idea..."

- ☆ -

Kawaki's Pov.

"He's coming to..." I heard someone say. I slowly opened my eyes and saw five people gathered around me.
"All of you! Get away from him!!" The brown-haired man with a blue scarf shouted. I blasted the ground around me as they jumped back, "It seems he really was the one who took down the puppets, huh?" I stood up properly. Where the hell am I now? I was just fighting those pesky robots.
"Who the hell are you all? Trackers from Kara?" I looked around.
"Trackers?" The boy with blonde hair and a black and pink jacket spoke up, "No we're-" The brown-haired man cut him off.
"Hold up, Boruto!" So the blonde's, Boruto, "Sorry, I am Sarutobi Konohamaru. A shinobi from the Land of Fire's Konoha Village." Konoha? Didn't Y/n live there?
"Are you searching for someone?" The pale boys' eyes widened.
"No, we found you in the course of the investigating the crash landing of an airship within our borders. We want to know what's going on...will you tell us?" He replied. Looks like he is the team captain.
"And on what bases should I believe you?" Y/n left them for a reason...if she did then I shouldn't trust them.
"We mean no harm to you-" Boruto started again.
"I'm sorry but we have to take you into custody. Protocol dictates that, by force...if necessary."
"Fine. Never mind. Looks like you want to die."
"H-hold on a minute!!" Boruto shouted and got him right hand out, "You know what this is, right?" My eyes widened in realisation, "Don't you have one too, on your left palm?"
"That's...Karma!" They looked at each other in shock, "You! How do you have one?"
"It's called the Karma? But...what the heck is it?"
"Dammit! So you are trackers of Kara!" I glared at them.
"No, no! You got that all wrong! Please calm down and hear us out." The black-haired girl with red glasses said.
"You know what? I don't care who you are-" I stopped talking when I heard a loud explosion from our right.
"What the-"
"Konoha Shinobi...so you've already made contact with the vessel...That geezer Ao must've messed up. He's making the outer's look bad!"
"Tch, Garo."
"Don't worry..." He pointed his scientific ninja tool arm at me, "I ain't going to kill ya...I'll make it hurt enough to make you wish that you were dead!" He laughed manically.
"We'll see about that..."