Prologue: Dead On Time

As soon as I see my brother Roger coming to me, I quickly run towards him, allowing myself to cry. I’m broken. I just simply can’t believe everything we have been through. My shirt is covered with my lover’s blood and every time I remember him telling me he loves me, I can’t help crying over and over again.
My arms are scratched. My legs feel weak and my throat hurts like hell since I’ve been screaming like I’m a wild animal crying for help. All my physical pain couldn’t be compared to the pain in my chest, thinking of my love being gone. I knew of course both of us being together was forbidden –he’s my teacher and I’m his student– but I can care less about what’s right to the world and what’s wrong. There’s a free will for everyone and I’m taking mine even when I know is not the best choice.
I feel Roger’s hand over my hair, stroking it over again. He whispers in my ear everything’s gonna be okay but I simply don’t believe it. Not until I see Brian once again. My best friend, John Deacon, comes running toward us, looking at me with surprise.
“Oh Emma, what happened to you?” he asks me. I don’t dare to leave Roger’s arms, so I only look at him and I realize he’s staring at my bandaging.
“Is kind of a long story, Johnny” I reply to him, not daring to reveal anything in front of my brother. He has no idea I had put sleeping pills in his tea before this whole mess happened. He doesn’t even know I’ve been blackmailed for the past weeks and that I found out tonight who that person was. He doesn’t know that person knew I was dating my teacher and that I kissed my best friend and that my lover’s ex was into drugs. He only knows I’m okay by now thanks to Brian and he’s thankful so far now. But until we know he’s okay, I know he will ask what I was doing there. And I don’t want to explain anything to him because that would be like giving me away.
“Okay, I understand” John replied, assenting. He knows of course I can’t talk since he has been blackmailed as well. But I have to tell him eventually the truth. And it will hurt him knowing who our stalker was. It hurt me as well.
“Dearie!” I hear somebody screams. I turn my head and see Freddie Mercury, one of the best friends of Roger and Brian and even mine. I switch my arms to meet Freddie and he hugs me with sorrow, knowing what I’m really feeling right now.
“I’m sorry” I whispered, but he didn’t realize.
“Do you have news about Brian?” he asked worriedly
“No Freddie” my brother replies. “He’s in surgery right now. He had loss too much blood and they’re hoping the stab didn’t touch any important organ”
“But what happened?” he asked surprised.
The memories come like pictures. Me, walking to the church tower. Carrie looking at me with hatred. Brian and she fighting for the gun and losing it. Carrie stabbing Brian and his sobs losing strength. I don’t want to be the one who disappoints itself, but this time, I’m hoping for a miracle.
“I will explain you later” I tell him. He notices my bruises and my covered injuries and his expression changes to horror.
“What the bloody hell happened?” Freddie demanded again. I tried to explain to him everything, but I was standing there, incapable of even breathing. I opened my mouth to say something, when I saw various doctors running while they exclaimed horrified “we’re losing him!”
I found then myself shivering at the thought it was Brian. I was losing him.
...
“Are you okay?”
“No, I’m not” I said, opening my eyes. I was in a room, looking as a very stupid girl everything around me. What did just happen? “Why am I here? Is Brian okay?” I asked Roger, trying to hide the sorrow in my voice.
“He’s okay, sis. I’m really worried about you, Emma. You just fainted.”
There is no real surprise in this. He’s dying. I’m dying. We got caught in the fire and now, we have burned.

----------------------------
Hello there! I've been asked about "Play the Game" sequel. I'm sorry it has taken me so long, but here's the beginning :) Hopefully you like it. It has been said second parts are not as good as the first one. I'm crossing fingers this one does.
Thanks for reading! ~PrettyLittleProfiler