1. Felix

FELIX

Felix unhurriedly pushed open the door to his cluttered and messy rented house. His mom would probably use him as a rag to clean the house if she ever caught a whiff of how dirty his home has been lately. Exam stress, the most eligible excuse. Moreover half of the things on the floor didn't even have a fixed spot. They would just be stuffed into the closest place that resembles a cabinet when his mom announces a last minute visit.

Carefully avoiding a fountain pen with a nib sharp enough to poke holes in his leg, Felix made his way to the bathroom. Swinging open the creaking bathroom door, he just stared at the mirror for a good 15 minutes. Not because he was narcissistic but because he loved the mirror.

The ellipse shaped mirror had a plain border. The mirror resembled an egg sideways. The shape gave the mirror a odd vibe. But it was this feeling that attracted Felix towards the mirror.

Reflected back was a beautiful youth in his late teens. His black unruly hair almost reaching his shoulders; and paired with his piercing grey eyes, Felix gave off the impression that he was those mischievous kids that mothers advised their children to stay away from. The tips of his lips that permanently remained slightly curved upwards also didn't help with the situation.

But poor Felix was probably the most obedient and studious child in class. Never bunking class, disrespecting classmates or talking back to his teachers. This genetic mutation of a face gave him a lot of trouble, especially in new environments where people subconsciously avoided him.

He really wanted to cry but he lacked tears. Sighing, he tied his hair into a bun that was barely holding up. Even after all of these years, even if he can't tie this unruly hair of his, he still maintains it due to his mother's constant nagging, who claimed that his hair looked more decent like this. He wanted to question her from which angle does leaving his hair longer make him look less gangster like and more studious?

Hands on either side of the basin, his gaze once again wandered all over the mirror and finally stopped on his face.

Felix stared at the mirror for a long time, till he suddenly felt his surroundings blurring.

Under the impression that this was another oncoming migraine, his left hand started massaging his nose bridge and Felix leaned his forehead onto the cold glass of the mirror, eyes closed. The coldness of the mirror calmed him a little and his eyes fluttered open.

His body suddenly felt weightless and his sight was completely blurry. Legs going soft, Felix collapsed, the last thing in his sight was the oval mirror that seemed to gleam rather brightly under the bathroom's yellow light.

Vaguely Felix heard a voice. {Welcome to ◇ARCADIA!◇ We hope you enjoy your stay.}

<><><>

NOTE: this is the ML's POV not MC's. next chapter in MC's POV. also the image on top is the shape of the mirror.

thankyou for reading! enjoy

VOTE ⋄ COMMENT ⋄ SHARE