Cliché... not

I was too lazy to write a chapter for my book and I had a new idea in mind. (I'll have the next chapter of Forbidden out tomorrow or tonight)

⚠️TW (I don't want to ruin the story but it's not rap3) ⚠️

Jade POV

My current assignments had been completed, Shields was safe from harm. I could finally have a break, which, as the city's main defence leader, this was extremely rare. I hopped into my car and drove back to my apartment, 'hey baby, I'm back,' I yelled, knowing full well my girlfriend was probably asleep. I heard something fall to the ground, hard, so I ran up the stairs to the higher level of the penthouse and into my room. I stopped and cautiously looked in, she was on the floor face down lightly snoring, sitting down next to her I stroked her hair lightly.

'Wha- Jade! You're home! When'd you get back? Why'm I on the floor?' She frowned, I laughed, 'babe, you fell off the bed,' she blushed and hid her face in my chest mumbling an 'oh'. I looked over her head to see our balcony open and the curtains flowing, weird, she hates opening the balcony. Maybe she got over her paranoia of someone creeping in.

I felt Perrie look up, 'what are you looking a....' she trailed off following my gaze towards the balcony. She shot up hitting her head on my chin, I yelped but she dismissed it. 'Why is that open? I didn't open it,' she started to panic, as did I. I lifted Perrie up and dropped her onto the bed, I walked slowly towards the balcony and as I stepped out I saw hands, desperately gripping onto my railing. I hissed, 'who are you?' I demanded, I heard a growl so I looked over the balcony to see the owner of the hands. I dirty faced man covered in soot looked back up at me, he smirked, 'careful who you trust, Thirlwall,' before dropping down 2 levels onto another balcony and ran in. I heard a gunshot and screaming, I grabbed my taser and shot down the stairs leaving Perrie sat on our bed paralysed.

Perrie POV

No, I hoped they had forgotten, I hoped they would leave me alone, I hoped they would spare me. There was no such luck. My target that I had failed to eliminate for years on end, had to die tonight. Or else my team would put them through even greater suffering. I sniffed lightly as I heard Jade coming back up.

'Oh baba, it's ok, I promise you'll be safe. I promise I'll protect you.' She wrapped me up in a tight hug, kissing my forehead lightly. 'Let's take a nap,' I nodded, 'can I take you out on a date, tonight?' I asked, although it was forced. I did not want to take her out tonight, I did not want to take a nap, all I wanted to do was curl up in a corner and cry. She whispered back 'anything you want,' before wrapping me up in her arms and dozing off.

I lay, staring at her face, memorising every detail. I never want this moment to end, it wasn't long before Jade's eyes fluttered open, she stared deep into my eyes and let out a sigh of content. The setting sun glowed across Jade's sun-kissed skin, it was time.

I shot up and pulled her with me, 'get changed into something warm,' I commanded, she grinned, 'yes sir!' saluting me jokingly before she left to get clothes. I took this opportunity to grab her favourite blanket and a bag of biscuits. I shoved something I hoped I'd never had to use into my back pocket, I pulled on the parka Jade gave me to cover it up. I look around the place, I would never come back again, even if I could it holds too many memories.

'I'm readyyyyyyy,' she hollers down the stairs, 'good, let's go,' I grab her hand and lead the way, as I was about to lock the door, I took one more look around our home. Before whispering 'goodbye,' softly enough that Jade couldn't hear. We caught the elevator down and walked hand in hand towards our spot, deep in the forest.

Fairy lights hung up all over the clearing, I set her blanket down and passed her the biscuits, she gasped happily before stuffing her face. For a defence leader she was quite childish, but that's why I loved her. We sat and talked until the sun was fully down, 'I'm gonna collect some wood, you try start a fire with the pieces of bark we already have,' she requested before waking off into the darkness to gather firewood.

I managed to get a small flickering fire started by the time she got back, we waited a few minutes before the fire became bright enough to fill the clearing. 'I love you so so much, without you, I'd never have gotten out of my depressive state. You mean so much to me, Jadey.' I bit my bottom lip to stop it from trembling. 'I'm not going anywhere, baba, don't worry, I love you too,' she stared into my eyes once more before catching my lip between her teeth. I kissed back, savouring every moment. It was time, I abruptly pulled back and shot towards the side of the clearing clustered with tree roots.

She looked at me confusedly, 'what's wro-,' she had stopped in front of me, I pushed her shoulders and she took a step back to stop herself from falling but tripped over the roots, falling flat on her back. I reached into my back pocket slowly, 'babe, if you're proposing, this isn't the best way to do it,' she chuckled, I held back a sob by biting my lower lip. 'Plus I wouldn't want you to beat me to it, considering I only just picked up the ring,' she winked. I let that register in my brain for a moment, no, please don't tell me that....

'I have to,' I raised my gun and aimed it at her heart, her eyes widened significantly, looking back and forth between the gun and me. Her eyebrows furrowed and she chuckled bitterly, that was the last sound she made before the sound of a gunshot ran through the forest. Tears ran freely down my cheeks as I collapsed over her body, as I picked her up I felt something in her back pocket, I reached in and retrieved a small red velvet box. I gingerly opened it to see a shining blue gem, atop a silver band that had 'perrie x jade' engraved into it, I quickly closed it and placed it back into her pocket, a wave of emotions came over me. While sobbing, I placed her onto the blanket, wrapping her up gently, I whispered 'I love you,' before I ran off leaving her there.

My last gift to her was the belief that I never loved her. Let her hate me in her last moments, she will never hate me more than I hate myself.

A/N I meannn... I need a sad story in there, better be a one shot rather than an actual book... though I might make one of my books have a devastating ending. I'll just have to see how I'm feeling as I write final chapters.

Hope yous enjoyed!

~T 🤍