Prologue

I thought I knew what love was, but then I met him. I had felt something like it once before. That by just looking at my lovers face- in the bed just laying there tangled in the sheets, my heart would fill with such love that I was completely and utterly content by it. Love you never got tired of. Someone that cared for you so much that you thought, "how could anyone ever care so much about someone else like this again?" Then years later, that love faded and the friendship that gathered within those years remained. Relationships are supposed to happen like that right? For me- I needed more. Call me a greedy lover- I did not care. I followed my heart and it craved so much. That lover was no longer a lover, but a friend I couldn't hurt by pretending that it was love anymore.

And yes there were those short relationships that I intended for love to rise and take me with it in the waves of happiness. Those relationships would shortly end and with that- I gave up on a love I never thought I would have. A love that was passionate and spontaneous yet patient and kind. A love that would be in a black and white film- so old that now that love was forgotten and thrown away by insignificance to the trend these days.  Then there was that one day, a bizarre and unimportant day at the time that I met him. A day that changed everything that I ever knew.