12

Vote for more chapters. Thanks ❤️

We entered the venue and the clients were waiting for us. We sat at the table reserved for us and Lucas kept his hand on my thigh. I slowly moved his hand away but his hold on my thigh got stronger and I could do nothing about it.

The meeting went on while we were having lunch and I noticed the clients assistant eyeing Lucas. I looked at Lucas and it looked like he was enjoying the attention he got from her as he smiled at her and spoke very gently when she asked him questions.

I fumed at him. When it was me, he goes possessive but when someone else gives him attention, he clearly enjoys it. Selfish rude man. After the meeting got over, she extended her hand to Lucas. I excused myself and went to the washroom. After, when I came out, I saw Lucas hugging her and placing a kiss on her forehead. I felt being played all over again by him and I couldn't stay in the restaurant for more than a minute. 

I walked out and hailed a cab for myself. I reached home and broke down. Why does he have to play with my feelings again. I am so stupid for trusting him all over again. I wiped my tears and decided that I have had enough. I am no longer going to give him or what he had in the past a chance. I can no longer work for him either. I furiously typed my resignation letter.

My phone kept ringing continuously and I avoided. I knew it was Lucas calling. I no longer want to associate with him. Within a few minutes, my doorbell rang and I avoided it again. I slowly went to my room and locked myself in. I heard the doorbell for another 10 minutes and after that it stopped. I sighed in peace as the sound stopped.

I slowly opened the bedroom door and went closer to the door. I felt that there was a slight movement and I realized Lucas was still outside my apartment. I kept quiet and I didn't know what to do next. I know he will find out if I turn lights on when it gets dark. So I decided to spend the night in dark. The reason being he will give me lame excuses if I question or try to be a passive possessive freak like usual and act like his life depends on me and I am the reason for his existence. I can't face that drama and mess anymore.

In the evening, I slowly checked through the peephole. I found that he was no where to be seen. I sighed in content and continued with my normal routine although I felt heart broken. He called me again several times in about an hour and left me a series of messages.

Lucas: Love, where are you? 

Lucas: Answer my call love.

Lucas: I am getting worried, love. Are you ok?

Lucas: You want to avoid me now.

Lucas: Tell me what is the matter. Let's solve it love. Answer my calls.

Lucas: I know you are inside your apartment Esme. I can see the lights from outside. Answer my call.

Lucas: Let me see how much you avoid me after tonight.

I gulped after reading his messages. What is wrong with him? Why can't he let me be in peace. I was drowned in my own thoughts and my phone suddenly rang which made me jump in fear. I relaxed myself and put my phone away. I was looking for something to eat in my kitchen when the doorbell rang again. I gulped in fear remembering his messages and avoided the door. He kept ringing the doorbell continuously without a break. There was silence for a few minutes but he started banging on my door. The force with which he was banging at the door was sure that he will break the door if I don't open. I took slow steps and waited near the door. He still kept banging on the door. I opened the door only for my face to be seen so he won't be able to enter inside. 

He tried to open the door further but I didn't let him do that. "Open the door properly love" I shook my head in denial not looking at his face. "I said open the door love and look at me when I talk to you" "Mr. Knight, please leave. You are causing unnecessary drama here" "Mr. Knight? What the hell Esme? Open right now" I still kept looking down and didn't open the door and shook my head in denial.

The building security came and looked at the two of us with anger and irritation. "Ms. Wright, I will have to inform the building authorities. Your husband and you are being total disturbances to the building and the tenants here. Solve your marriage problems inside not outside. Now if I hear more noises, I will call the cops and building authorities to solve" I looked away in shame. "I am sorry Marcus, this won't happen again. Please don't inform the building authorities" He nodded but still with irritation. "Final warning" he said and left the place.

I looked at Lucas with pleading eyes. "Please Mr. Knight, just leave" "NEVER" and he pushed me inside and walked in. He locked the door immediately and removed his jacket. I looked at him in fear. He has never been this scary. He saw the resignation letter on my coffee table and his eyes held so much anger. He read the letter silently at first murmuring and then he read it again louder. He tore the letter into pieces and threw it all over the living room. I kept crying silently not knowing what his actions will be further.

He removed his shoes near the coffee table and looked at me with anger. I gulped and stayed rooted in a corner. He came near me with predatory steps and gaze which made me close my eyes in fear. He suddenly carried me like he was carrying a child which made me shriek in horror. "Shut up or else it will be the worst for you, Mrs. Esmeray Knight" I stayed quiet but I kept hitting his back. He seemed unaffected and spanked my butt. I gasped and he said "Last warning" and carried me to my room.

What do you think will happen next? Keep reading.