One

'Why did he call me out here? It's getting late, and it's pouring...'

A quiet sigh escaped from a young sixteen year old who was currently leaning against a wall in an ally close to the HOMRA bar. Rain was pouring down, soaking his clothes and red hair while his eyes remained fixed on a puddle forming at his feet. It had gotten pretty dark in the small amount of time he had been standing there, waiting for the very person who called him out here to talk, but thanks to a nearby street light, he could still see pretty well. That didn't make it much better though because he was starting to get a bit chilly, but he still didn't move from the spot he stood in. Shaking his head slightly, the teen brought his left wrist up to check on the time.

8:45PM... Huffing softly, he dropped his hand at his side and placed his head against the wall he had been leaning on. He was going to give it a few more minutes before telling the person who had contacted him that they would have to discuss this when they got back home. This particular person...was his best friend, one he had met back in middle school. The two of them had ended up becoming inseparable after his friend had finally warmed up to him and actually accepted him. At first glance, the two of them were complete opposites. One was loud, obnoxious, and reckless while the other was quiet, intelligent, and often kept to himself. It was a mystery to how they actually clicked so well, but it seemed to be working for them so neither really questioned it. If it worked, there was no point in asking any questions.

"Misaki." A soft voice suddenly called out, causing the red head to snap his gaze to the side. Sure enough, his hazel colored eyes fell on a slender figure, one that was a bit taller than him. Seeing the other's familiar blue eyes and bored looking facial expression put a bit of relief on Misaki's shoulders. He honestly thought the other wasn't coming or something.

"There you are. Where the hell have you been, Saruhiko? I've been waiting out here for about fifteen minutes and was about to tell you to just meet me at home." Misaki let out a little huff and crossed his arms over his chest while watching his friend move to lean against the wall across from the one he had been on.

"I was taking care of some stuff before coming out here... Look, that isn't important. We seriously need to have a talk." The other teen replied as he brought a hand up to brush some of his raven colored hair from his pale face. Maybe talking out in the rain wasn't the best idea, but he didn't want to do this back at their shared apartment. Being outside would just make for an easier getaway when the time came.

About a year ago, the two of them had made an attempt to mess with the Green Clan, known as Jungle, which had almost gone horribly wrong for the both of them. Apparently the Green King had an interest in the raven due to the fact that he had managed to hack into Jungle's system and his goal had been to have the raven taken away by his minions, but something had gotten in his way. While the raven haired teen had started to get dragged away, the Red King, known as Mikoto Suoh, had made an appearance, and after Misaki had ran toward him begging for Saruhiko to be saved, Jungle had released their hold on the raven haired teen and ran for it when Mikoto had unleashed bright red aura, scaring the Jungle clansmen away. Ultimately, he had ended up saving both teenagers and eventually the two of them had ended up joining the Red Clan, known as HOMRA.

After they had joined, everything seemed to be going well for the both of them, but as time went on, Misaki started showing more interest toward Mikoto, often telling him how awesome or cool he was while looking at him with wide, sparkly eyes. He was completely amazed by Mikoto's power, but his best friend? Not so much. Despite being terrified of Mikoto Suoh, Saruhiko saw the man as lazy and unmotivated. As a 'King', he definitely didn't perform any king-like duties. Instead he was often seen lounging on the couch with a cigarette burning in his mouth. If the raven were to be honest, he didn't see how Misaki could be so amazed at a man who didn't seem to give a crap about anything. It honestly made Saruhiko sick, and it had been putting distance between their friendship. Though that wasn't the only thing. Saruhiko had been dealing with his own personal battles from his past, ones he kept to himself because they were his problems and he was trying to forget about them.