How it all started

This is a story about a girl named Whitney. Whitney is a freshman at her school where she is on her schools dance team.

------------------

It had been my biggest dream since I was little to make the high school dance team. I worked for over 10 years for my spot and I finally earned it. I was extremely excited but soon something just wasn't feeling right.

I've always been quiet but when I was with the girls I never felt welcomed or wanted; which was kind of expected because some girls on spirit squads are bitches. I would normally stretch on the back of the room by myself while all the other girls would talk about their friends and boyfriends. I didn't have very many friends and sure as hell didn't have a boyfriend. I was considered a spirit freak at least by their standards.

I didn't want to wear half shirts and shorts that showed my ass. I'm more of a band Tee and skinny jeans girl. My music taste wasn't the norm either.

We had a few practices after school for a little time while I was still in middle school, which I was normally ignored.

3 months later

Now it was officially time for camp and I was not excited for 6 hours with people who I didn't like. To me it sounded exhausted. Camp wasn't fun at first but it got easier over the hours.