Three

"Do me a favour?" I requested as we walked back down the steep driveway to my car. "Anything" he pledged. "will you drive; these shoes are killing me?" I begged at him. "ugh, okay" he settled, rolling his eyes so far back I could no longer see them.

He ran down the driveway to open the passenger seat of my beat-up car, the door screeching in the process "madam" he bowed. "yes, yes thank you kindly good sir" I said, exaggerating my accent as he did.

"Where are we headed, chauffeur?" I joked, unintentionally slamming the car door. "Well, I've no plans so, whatever you want Shera" he elbowed me, starting up the car, and pressing un-pause on the CD. "We could hang out at my place for a bit, maybe I could teach you some things on the guitar." I shrugged, bringing my eyes to meet his dark ones.

"That sounds lovely, anything for you to get out of those shoes so you stop moaning" he lilted. "Oh, you'll know when I'm moaning Turner," I said, not realizing what I was saying until it came out. He cleared his throat and began driving away from his house.

"I'm actually just in Chapeltown so you can just turn right and take it all the way through if you'd like," I said, anything to cover up what I had just blabbered. "Oh, yeah, cool, thanks" he awkwardly averred. "sorry" I burst out again. "No, no, you're alright" he quipped, already back to himself.

I awoke on a familiar turn from the long way into Chapeltown. "hey, you're awake" he softly sang. I rubbed my eyes knowing I could have only been out for a total of 3 minutes.

"I took the long way so you could sleep, but I'm glad you're awake cause I have no clue where you live" he lightly snickered, keeping his eyes on the road, giving me the chance to observe his features from the side.

The way his Roman nose dominated his face and his sharp jawline offset his soft eyes and glowing skin. He wasn't just cute... he was hot.

I decided to finally speak "you take a Thorncliffe to Cart to Chambers and then the first right and its smack dab in the middle at the end." I asserted in a gravely morning type voice.

"Wow, you're really close," he said as we were already pulling onto my street. "yeah, I didn't even think of that" I stretched taking off the floor jacket I was covering up with.

He tossed the keys over the car so I could unlock the door. "Does that bad boy have a name?" he queried, referring to my car.

"yes, she's Linda, my old car was Sheldon but some other bully car totalled him" I nodded. "ah, I see, mine's called Jerry short for Geraldine" he snorted following me through the door to my townhouse. "Gender?" I queried. "hmmm, fluid, '' he concurred.

"You can take off your shoes there," I said, referencing the mat next to the door. "God, how many different styles of Mary Janes do you have? '' he said, picking up my favourite red-heeled strappy pair.

"Hey, they're my favourite shoe now, follow me" I retorted, dragging him up the stairs to my room. "wow, how is everything you own so...cool" he looked around my room fascinated by the design.

My ceiling was painted black with planets hand-painted on it. I had a green shag carpet resembling grass in the middle of my room and plants hanging everywhere.

"Want to see the finishing touch" I questioned closing the blackout curtain so we were in the dark. I flipped the switch to my star projector and the room lit up. The ceiling was cast with millions of stars.

"A parting gift from my mother when I moved away," he whispered, always in awe of the beauty, seeing it had the same effect on him as it did me every time.

As he continued standing there I waltzed over to my closet and took out my acoustic guitar and a capo. I tapped his shoulder and dragged him to my bed so I could teach him. He sat on the edge while I sat behind him.

"So what do you know? '' I said softly. "I know like anything that doesn't need a barre chord and I can do like...Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones. "Alright so..."

I scooted closer getting on my knees so I could see over his shoulder, reaching over and putting his fingers into an F position. "Now just...strum" a beautiful chord filled the air and he whipped his head around lips brushing against mine momentarily in the process.

So there I sat kneeling behind him, pressed into his back with our faces inches apart.