Chapter one

I take a deep breath as jet lag hits me like a truck. I walk out of the airport in tokyo to find my mum. She moved here when I was six, she moved to japan because the crime rates were going up and they needed her here. I haven't seen her in two years but now I am moving in with her for high school. I have been accepted into the best high school in the world, UA high. I came here from Australia after my dad was killed in a tractor accident while working on the farm.

"Daisy?" I hear a name call. I turn around to see my mum staring at me.

"Mum!" I yell, tears welling in my eyes. I run to her and pull her into a tight hug.

She hugs me back as she pats my head softly.

We made it back to her apartment. I walk through the door letting out a big yawn, putting my bags on the floor.

"Did you want something to eat pup?" Mum asks me while walking to the kitchen, putting her handbag on the bench. I shake my head no in response.

"I'm good, already ate on the plane," I say. "I'm gonna have a shower then go to bed," I say walking to the bathroom. I heard mum yell something out but I didn't hear her. I pull my phone out of my pocket. I turned it on and saw some messages from the group chat with my friends back in australia. I let out a heavy sigh. I'm going to miss it there, I've never been anywhere outside of Australia so everything is a whole culture shock to me.