♡27

**

"You're getting a divorce?" Jimin asked in disbelief. Jeongguk sat on the boy's sofa, having entered his house at an ungodly hour, almost midnight. Jeongguk had a cup of warm tea in his hands, sitting on the sofa.

"I-I might," Jeongguk said faintly. "Um. We've had falling outs recently."

"Falling outs? What are you, a prepubescent teenager? Everyone has fights, Jeongguk. You can't just get a bloody divorce over it!" Jimin said, frowning. Jeongguk shook his head.

"It's different, Jimin! You wouldn't understand. You aren't married." Jeongguk said with a sigh. Jimin sat down beside him. Jeongguk looked at him. "It's-it's me. I did something wrong. I cheated on her."

"What?" Jimin said, his eyes widened. He looked at Jeongguk with a slight glare for a few seconds. "You-? I never expected such a thing.... who was she? Was she someone you knew? Honestly, I didn't think you would ever stoop this low, Jeongguk-"

"Jimin. I know what I did was wrong. But Rosie- she-she forced me into this marriage? Didn't I tell you? She convinced my mother to not send me to London unless I married her. I didn't have a choice, really! I-"

"Jeongguk, you're a man," Jimin said sharply. Jeongguk stilled, eyes big. "And I don't mean this in the bullshit way that elders do. I mean, you're an adult. Capable of making your own decisions. 22 when you married her. What do you mean you were forced?? You knew well enough you could've said no sternly and it would've never happened." Jimin muttered.

Jeongguk's head fell low. "I-I could have. But you know I'm not the strongest, Jimin. I'm not like you or-or other men. It wasn't easy for me to just shake my head sternly! I a-always listen to my mother-"

"So you've decided to ruin Rosie's life?"

"No." Jeongguk breathed out. He shook his head. "She's.... she's mean to me-"

"Mean to you? My god, Rosie's nothing but a delight. Jeongguk, I can understand you have problems, but clearly, there's another reason you're getting a divorce. Rosie's malevolence surely isn't it."

Jeongguk's hands shook lightly around the mug. He sucked in a sharp breath. "I-" like men. "-can't tell you."

"We're mates, aren't we? You can tell me what it is. Who you cheated on her with. Did you fall in love with another woman?" Jimin asked, leaning in, as if trying to make the conversation more intimate for Jeongguk to open up. Jeongguk couldn't, though. He didn't want to be hurt. Telling the truth would get him hurt.

"I d-don't wish to speak of it right now if I'm perfectly honest. I'm really tired. And, and we have classes tomorrow morning. Can we resume this conversation some other time?" Jeongguk asked, trying to sound light and airy. Jimin eyed him for a few seconds and then nodded curtly.

Jeongguk lay on the sofa with a thin blanket atop of him while Jimin slept in his own room. His mind filled with everlasting thoughts which stung him. He thought of Taehyung and Veronica. Kissing. Maybe if Taehyung would make her feel better, put her in bed, kiss her gently, slowly, touch her down her waist and cradle her in his arms-

Jeongguk gulped down, hard. What was he thinking? What was he doing?? Is he aware of who he's become? A Homewrecker. A mistress. A person who might rip apart a child from a normal family. Jeongguk never had a father. He felt he'd suffered because of it. He wouldn't want anyone to go through something similar.

And, oh, Taehyung would make a lovely father, wouldn't he? He'd buy the most extravagant things for his children, dress them up in little dresses and tuxes. He'd call his baby girl his princess and buy her a castle. He'd let his son do whatever it was he wanted, maybe even become a drag queen. He'd be the most perfect father. Jeongguk's heart warmed because of it.