Part 48

1 week later.

The Murthys were all ready to leave for the airport and so were the Malhotras.

The week passed real quick. Though not much work was there to be wrapped up with respect to the business but wedding last minute preparations, making sure the guests do not have to face any problem in their flights , was a task.

There were days when Manik and Nandini just had a "Good morning" and a " Good Night" when they were too busy but that never made that bond fade. If they didn't talk one day, the next day the conversations over phone was on hour intervals. Also, not forgetting to mention no matter however busy Manik would be, he never NEVER forgot to drop texts reminding Nandini to take care with her meals when she was at hospital cause as Manik knew and noticed throughout these months, if Nandini was at the hospital, nothing crosses her mind, not where her phone is, not if she had food for more than 12 hours at times and so he made sure of that . Nothing was different Nandini. At hospital or office, she may forget about her meals but Manik's , Nah. These gestures of care brought them closer even when they did not meet each other for 7 days.

And now coming to the guest family, Naira and Kartik tried their best to not be affected, to not reply her back but PERSONALITY CLASHES.

It is always great to respect the opinions , the traditions, the rules of the old era but then to everyone from that era, respect the teen , this century's opinions too. As senior citizens, tell about the ancient customs to the young minds and let them decide if they wish to follow it or not, let it be their choice. Do not try to force your opinions and that's exactly what Swarna was trying to do.

(Justification for all those who messaged me saying Naira were being disrespectful.)

Both the families reached the airport. As usual, avoiding the media they went in the private waiting area.

The families met each other.

Manik and Nandini had their biggest,brightest smiles and their eyes were nowhere but at each other.

Nandini diverted her gaze when Nyonika hugged her bringing Manik out of his world too. He met Ishita, Raman and ofcourse Swarna and her family. Ayeza passed him a warm smile which he returned remembering all that Nandini had told to him about Ayeza and how excited she was to see him.

Next Manik proceeded to have the blessings of Swarna and Manish.

Swarna: Ladka to bada sundar hain Ishita Nandu ke liye to sone pe haath lag gaya bhai. Nandini very lucky I must say kya kismat leke aayi thi heera hi mil gaya tujhe to . Every girl has her own fortune and Nandini has looks to ye to hona hi tha.

No one really liked her saying that. Naira was about to say something when Nandini held her back. Let us not go to anyone else, Manik was offended and who could stop this Malhotra from saying what he wants to.

Manik : Its not just about girls Aunty. I am fortunate to have Nandini alongside me even when I am not worth her.

Manik said it looking at Nandini who had a small smile on her lips. The intensity in his eyes assured her every time that not just he, she is not that good to be his wife. But now, both were too selfish in love to let go of each other and so they were working to be worth each other .

Swarna did not know what to say and so she just passed a sly smile to him.

Till then, one of the attendants informed them that the jets were ready.

Ishita, Raman, Nyonika ,Raj , Bua dadi, Swarna and Manish were on one jet while the youngsters were on one jet.

Nandini and Manik were just looking for an opportunity to be in each others arms but the circumstances were not in their favour,maybe.