✿ one ✿

today is the start of a new year. I really hope I get to make a lot more friends than I did the last two months before summer break.

you see, I'm from malaysia but I just moved to seoul a couple months ago and managed to go to school a few months before break started.

and also, one fact about me is that I observe every single boy in the school and rate them from one to ten.

I'm just that type of girl.

bell ringing

oop, the bell rang, I gotta go to class.

everyone was so happy and busy talking to their friends, specifically about how their summer holidays went and I was just sat there. like a whole loser with no friends.

well, it lasted until these three korean boys came up to me.

"hii," all of them said, followed by a bow.

"oh, uh, hi," I greeted them and bowed back to them.

"what's your name? I didn't notice you last year," one of them asked.

"are you new?" another one asked.

right, I wasn't that popular. who would've thought, I was new, therefore I didn't fit in as much as other girls did.

"ah, I'm actually not a new student. I came in two months before summer break started," I responded.

"oh really? aw man I feel bad for not recognising you," one said.

"it's okay. may I know your names?" I looked at them.

"well, I'm Jungwon, this is Jay, and the other one is Jake," he introduced, while pointing at each of his friends.

"nice to meet you guys!"

"do you have anyone that you're close with in this class?" jake asked.

"to be honest, not really..." I looked down from embarrassment.

"that's great then!" jay said.

"huh?"

"no, I mean that's great! because you get to join our 'club'" jay emphasised 'club'.

"I would love to but my behaviour isn't the way it's like now. once I get close to you, you'll actually know how my actual behaviour is like," I played around with my fingers.

"do you really think we care about behaviour? now let's go! the other members are waiting for us," jake said.

"okay okay," I giggled, "I'll go with you guys after this class ends."

a yay! was earned by jake. they seem nice, so why don't give it a try? besides, jungwon do be looking ten out of ten right there.

all I gotta do is focus in this class and try to decrease my heart rate a bit, because what happened just now, made it a bit higher than normal.

───── ❝ time skip ❞ ─────
after class. or basically during lunch

as I've promised with the boys, I packed my stuff and got up. but they were already waiting for me at the door, looking at me.

"uh sorry guys. I always take a long time packing stuff after class," I apologised.

"girl please you don't have to say sorry to everything!" jake whined.

"hehehehe, it's just my habit because all my life I've been having to apologise to this one girl in my old school," I accidentally blurted out. because of that, I covered my mouth really quickly with the sudden realisation.

"wait what happened in your old school?" jungwon asked.

"hm... I just met you guys, I'm not sure if I trust you guys yet," I looked down.

"it's okay. I promise you we're really nice! even the other boys too. but we're not forcing, so please do not feel pressured to tell us about this," jungwon told me.

ah his words just made me a hundred times more relaxed.

wait. what am I saying? I don't like him. I literally just met him a while ago. no no daisy, you cannot fall in love with this sweet boy. NEVER.

"okay..." I said. "so where are we going?"

"to the cafeteria. it's lunch time dummy," jay joked.

"ugh, you didn't have to say dummy like that,"

"stop. we just met and you guys are already fighting over some small matter?" jake asked jokingly.

"that's what I told you earlier. once we get close, my behaviour isn't going to be the same. and also you guys are really comforting. i feel safe with you guys so yeah," I confessed to them.

"aww, you're so sweet," jungwon did a cute face while doing that. for what? oh, to make fun of me isn't that obvious. but he cute.

"i know," I sarcastically smiled, then rolled my eyes.

as we got into the cafeteria, I bought the food and followed the boys to their tables.

once we arrived at their table, I saw four other boys and looked at them.

"hey guys, she's new. well not really, but kind of. she's going to be joining us starting from today," jay introduced me to them.

"now what are you doing? introduce yourselves," jake said.

"uh hi, I'm heeseung,"

"i'm riki nice to meet you," he smiled.

"helloo, I'm sunghoon. the official ice prince of this school," he showed off which earned a scoff from jake.

"hiiiiii I'm sunoo !! nice to meet you!" he energetically said.

"uh yeah. he's the most energetic in the group," jungwon said, scratching his neck. "don't mind him."

"oh no it's fine, I like him the way he is right now. that way I know I'm not being friends with those who are serious,"

"sheesh, you didn't have to say it like that but okay," sunghoon continued eating.

"helloo excuse me. where are your manners?" heeseung asked sunghoon who has started eating.

"I'm sorry, I'm just hungry and all I need is food," he looked at him sadly.

"ugh whatever, eat," riki said.

"anyways, I'm glad you invited me to join your friend group. I've never had one before in my entire life," I said, looking down at my food.

"really? we're glad you're able to join us too," jungwon smiled.

UGH THAT SMILE. AND OUT OF ALL SEATS, HE CHOSE TO SIT NEXT TO ME.

I tried to calm myself down and once I did, I noticed these girls...

a group of girls at a table were looking at me. glaring at me. is it because I'm eating with these guys?

"guys? I just wanted to ask, do you have like fangirls or anything at school?" I asked out of nowhere.