(six)

TW: MENTIONS OF RAPE

I walk up to the bulletin board and wait for the team to come up. Once they all are upstairs I asked, "Tell me the case."

"Mark Lavelle, 32, got out of prison 7 months ago for Homicide and Rape. Got popped in his early years for Assault and Battery, Shoplifting, and Breaking and Entering. We got his DNA from 6 victims, all claiming that he forced them to be his girlfriend from a few months before he found someone else. During those months he constantly rapes them. We honestly just need your help finding him." Adam Ruzek announces. Upon hearing the name, I zoned out, already knowing him.

"You want to know why most of the previous file is blacked out?" When no one answered and just continued to stare at me I continued. "This was the case I helped the BAU on when I first got to DC. Most of the information is blank because he took one of the agents on the case as his victim. I can help you find him. But I'm not sure how cooperative he will be to me." I said, blinking back the tears that threatened to spill. Turning to Erin I spoke, "His mom owned a property here in Chicago. Uh, I think it was in the South Side. I can identify the house if you think you found it." I turned around and walked into my dad's office and sat on the couch

"Get on it," Dad ordered. I heard his footsteps become closer until I heard the door close. While I sat with my head in my hands,  I felt strong arms wrap around me and hold me. "You were the agent, weren't you. That's why you were gone 6 months instead of three?"

I  stare at him tears streaming down my face, "He got me pregnant. He never got the chance to know. I got a flight back here as soon as I could." I cried

"You're pregnant?" Dad asked shocked

"Yeah. Not how I wanted to have my first kid or tell you but even if this is his baby and it was forced on me. I want to keep it and love the baby just the same as if it was made from love." I said 

"oh, Arden. You are going to be a great mother." He said smiling holding me tighter. We sat in a semi-comfortable silence until Dad broke it. "Has he tried contacting you?" 

Taking a deep breath I nodded, "yeah, That was why I left so soon the other day." I showed him my phone. 

He took my phone and went into the bullpen, with me following. " Jay trace this number," Dad demanded

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Erin eyeing me. I walk over and ask, "You find the house?" receiving a nod I commanded, "Show me." Erin's eyes continued to glance between my dad and I. "Detective lindsey. In case you forgot, I outrank not only you but everyone in this room including Hank. So, show me the damn house!" I shouted. She showed me the house and I nodded. "That's it. The basement has a 4-inch metal door."

"That house doesn't have a basement," Atwater stated

"And how would you know? I'm willing to bet you were never down there." said sharply. "I'm leaving. Call me when you find where he's at."

"Halstead, Go with her," Dad ordered

"No, I'm going to the firehouse. He won't try to do anything until I'm alone at my house." I said walking down the stairs, Before walking back to my car I stopped at Aunt Trudy. "If they leave at all, You tell me ok?" 

She nodded, "Bambi? Are you okay?" she asked hesitantly. 

"I don't even know at this point anymore. But once this case is over, Come upstairs for a few?" She nodded, "I love you, Tia." I said before walking out. I got in my car started the engine. I looked across the street and locked eyes with him. I hit the call button on my steering wheel to call my Dad. As If he was about to call me, he answered. "Dad. I need you to hide your badge and walk across the street. He's at the corner wearing a Green shirt and Black Jeans. I'm going to leave but when I come back he better be in interrogation."

I went to hang up but he stopped me,  "Wait, I love you." 

"I love you too, dad." I hung up and went to the firehouse.