Fireworks. (Your pov)

🖤 (888 words)

We had just finished up a case, and as soon as I got to my desk to get my stuff and leave, I saw a stack of papers on my desk. I groaned as I sat down, ughhhh why am I the only one? I swear Hotchner is gonna be the death of me! I thought to myself. A few hours later, I FINALLY got done, and it was 1 in the morning. I got up and started walking to Hotch's office. I knocked on the door, and I heard a "come in," so I did. "Here are the papers, sir,"

I said, setting them on his desk. "Thank you, Dylan," he said, grabbing them. I nodded and started to walk out, but just as I was about to get out the door, I heard Hotch say, "Dylan! Wait, um, we need to talk. Shut the door," he said, closing the blinds. Well, shit- what could this be about? Am I getting moved? I thought as I closed the door. I turned around only to find Hotch centimeters away from my face. "Um, sir?-" I was cut off by feeling a warm pair of lips on mine. I couldn't help but start kissing back. This is so different. It's like I can't pull away. His lips are so sweet and soft. It's like fireworks exploding. But he's my boss and I can't do this. 

I pulled away, looking into his eyes. They're so beautiful, especially with the natural glisten... I need to get out before anything else can happen! "I-uh, I gotta go." I said, running out into Emily's office, closing the door before he could get a word in.

"Dylan! What are you doing? You scared the shit out of me! I was about to leave," Emily said, holding her chest in a spooked action.

"Emily! I need to talk. You wouldn't believe what just happened! Can we go to your house to talk? Please!" I practically begged her.

"Um, yeah... Yeah! Let's go," she said, processing the situation. We started to walk out to her car. I looked through the window of the building and saw Hotch's light turn off. We got into the car, and Emily started driving.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

We finally arrived at Emily's house, and just our luck, it starts pouring rain before we open the car doors,

"Uh! Oh come on! Just OUR luck," Emily said while she sighed, then chuckled softly afterward.

"Right? I mean, we deal with bad guys 24/7. We can't ever get a break, can we?" I said. We started laughing.

We ran into the house, soaked. "I'll go get towels. You can put your stuff on the table," she said, walking to get the towels.

I looked around and saw that she changed things up a bit. I've been to her house a lot, but never mind that.

Still lost in thought standing there thinking about Hotch and everything that had happened. I didn't even notice when Emily left to grab towels. I just stood there in the entryway, staring blankly ahead.

It wasn't until Emily threw a towel on my face that I snapped out of it. I jumped back in surprise, but then I realized what was happening. "Thanks," I said, taking the towel from her and drying off.

Emily looked at me with concern. "Dylan, are you okay?"

I shook my head. "No, not really. I'm just trying to process everything that's happened."

Emily nodded. "I understand. Do you want to talk about it?"

I hesitated for a moment, but then I decided to confide in her. "It's just that... Hotch kissed me. And I don't know what to do."

Emily's eyes widened in surprise. "Wow, that's a lot to take in. Have you talked to him about it?"

I shook my head. "No, not yet. I don't even know how to bring it up."

Emily put her hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, Dylan. You don't have to have all the answers right now. Just take some time to think about what you want to do."

What am I going to do about Hotch? I mean, he says we need to talk, and then all of a sudden, he kissed me. I mean I don't mind at all I've always liked hotch. But.. I never thought he would ever do that. For one, he's literally straight. Or well, at least I thought. I mean, I'm gay, and I didn't even catch a vibe from him!

"I just need a time out for real. I can't believe what just happened. This all feels so unreal. It feels so fake. I mean, wasn't he dating that one girl? When he did that marathon, I swear he was. Oh, but I can't remember her name! Ugh, what was it? What was it?" I said, feeling flustered.

"I think her name was Sarah." Emily said thinking off. "what am I even going to do?" I asked, concerned.

I took a deep breath. "Dylan, that's a lot to process. You don't have to figure it out right now. Just take some time to think about it." Emily stated

I nodded, feeling grateful for her support. "Thanks, Emily. I appreciate it."

( hey pooks this needed an update real bad I love you all have a great day🫂🖤‼️)