Chapter 2: Worst Day Ever

6:00 AM. Dawns alarm was beeping, while dawn was fast asleep. 6:30 AM and Dawn still wasn't awake. 7:00 AM. She only had enough time to shower, change out of her pajamas, and eat breakfast before school. "OH MY GOSH!!! Is it 7:00!!! Did I sleep through my alarm? I won't have enough time to put my makeup on!" Dawn was frantically trying to hurry up and get ready for school.

Dawn practically ran to catch the bus. And as if the morning couldn't get any worse, she had forgotten to tie her shoes. So she fell. In a puddle. In front of everyone. "Awesome.. Just awesome." Dawn mumbled to herself.

While Dawn was riding alone, in an empty seat on the bus, Dustin and Elizabeth were sitting together. Laughing. Holding hands. "They are so stupid." , Dawn said, holding back tears. Dustin looked over his shoulder, smiled at Dawn, and continued to talk to Liz. Acting like nothing was wrong. " How could he do that to me? I mean, after all, I was his best friend first. It isn't fair!" , Dawn thought, wanting to punch something.

When they arrived at school, Dawn got off the bus last. Trudging along, dragging her supplies behind her. She got to her locker, and found a note inside. From Dustin. No, forget it. I don't care, Dawn thought. She chucked the note in her backpack, and went to first period.

As she got to class, everyone was staring at her. What? Do I have something on my face? Why are you all staring at me? But then she realized why. She was covered in water, from the pillow. She still had her backpack on. And, she was late... "Great.." she mumbled under her breath. "Miss...." teacher said drifting off, looking at the blood on Dawn's shirt. "Um... I'm Dawn. Dawn Marris." Dawn said, completely oblivious of the blood on her shirt, and how exactly it got there. "She killed someone!" someone shouted from the back of the room. "Yeah!!" All of the students called in response. "Now, now. I'm sure Miss Marris has a perfectly normal explanation as to why she... Uh.. Has blood on her shirt, right, miss Marris?" She said, looking hopefully at Dawn. Dawn looked down. She gasped, "Oh my gosh!! I have no idea how that got there!" She looked back at the class. But it wasn't the class. All of their eyes had turned pure black, and rolled back into their heads. "We have been waiting for you, Dawn" one of them said. "Join us.. Now"