he was a punk, he did ballet

"so, jay-hyung has a crush?"

"yeah. on sunghoon from the dance club."

jungwon starts to laugh, a sound that reminds jay of both bells and fingers scratching on board.

"oh, you'll never have a chance, jay-hyung."

he stops, a hurt expression on his usual stoic and frowning face.

jake, the culprit who started the conversation that led to his friend's love life, shakes his head in disapproval of the younger's pessimism. "that's harsh, jungwon. he may not look like it but jay can actually be a nice and caring person."

"what makes you think it's me who has a problem, jaeyun-ah?" came the offended gasp from jay, scowl deepening.

it is sunoo who speaks next, further ruining jay's mood.

"sunghoon-hyung looks like he wouldn't be interested in troublemakers, hyung. he's probably more into people like jake-hyung here."

"plainly boring?"

"yah!"

"kind, thoughtful and a sweetheart," provides jungwon, exchanging fist bumps with jake whose smile returns.

"besides, it doesn't matter. sunghoon-hyung has a crush as well."

"and how do you know that, sunoo?"

"his friend told me."

"whatever."

the blond brushes them off, putting on his headphones to block out his friends' emphasis on park sunghoon not being able to like him that way.

it's not like he wanted him to. jay just likes to watch sunghoon dance whenever he pasts by the clubroom after his weekly detentions. nothing more.

it's not like every time he watches sunghoon dance with sweat glistening on his skin, he wants to wipe them off then probably treat him to the food he likes later on.

and when sunghoon breaks to a breathtaking smile once he finishes a routine, it's not like he wants to fall at his feet and declare how much he adores the boy.

it's definitely not like that.

"speaking of park sunghoon..."

jay almost trips on air, eyes almost bulging out of their sockets as they immediately scan everywhere for signs of chestnut dyed hair, pale white skin and insanely good body proportions.

there he is, looking as absolutely majestic as park sunghoon can be.

eyes raking over sunghoon, jay can't help but consider that maybe he really is having feelings exceeding just being a fan of the guy's dance. but who can blame him exactly?

the dancer appears to be laughing at what his friend, lee heeseung, said, slinging an arm casually around their dongsaeng, ni-ki, who rolls his eyes.

jay loses motion, gawking at him.

"jay-hyung, you'll catch a fly there," comes sunoo's cheeky remark.

"sunoo-hyung, stop teasing jay-hyung. he might cry in front of his crush."

jake elbows the two younger boys from either sides, shushing them with a warning look yet he himself is trying to hold back from either laughing or crying at jay's dumbfounded expression.

jay doesn't seem to care but truth is, he can't even process anything right now except park sunghoon looking at him. looking at him. him!

sunghoon's laughter ceases and now he is giving jay an inquisitive smile. his head is cocked a bit to the side and his eyebrows - he has really defined eyebrows, jay remarks - are pinched together to a cute, adorable line.