Cat Scratch

You are home alone, studying at your desk late at night. The rain is lashing down outside, creating an atmosphere similar to that of a horror story. As if on cue the power cuts out, dropping you into a pit of darkness. Cursing, you get up from your desk and light some candles, to continue studying for the final exam in two days time. However, because of the dim light and shadows created by the candlelight, you can't help but feel uneasy. You remind yourself that you are simply being irrational and get back to work.

As the rain starts to lash harder, your nerves become stronger. You can't stop the feeling of fear from the shadows created by the candlelight. They seem almost human, and they make you feel as if you're being watched. You can feel the nerves deep in your stomach. As your nerves start to calm down, you hear a loud crash downstairs, startling you. Too on edge to concentrate, you go downstairs to investigate.

As you go down the stairs, the random creaks of the stairs make you feel as if Satan himself is coming at you. When you arrive downstairs you see that the cupboard has been emptied out. Panicked, you run around and lock all the doors and windows. Realising you're being irrational you return back upstairs and get back to work.

As you return to your room you hear a mild scratching noise coming from behind your curtains. Scratch, Scratch, Scratch. The sound is similar to that of a cat scratching a piece of furniture. You try to get back to work but the noise is going through your head like a dentist's drill. Scratch, Scratch, Scratch. You tense up as the noise starts to get louder as if whoever, or whatever is causing it wants to cause you fear. Scratch, Scratch, Scratch.

Unable to concentrate, you get up and walk towards the curtains, ready to reveal what is causing the scratching noise. As you approach, the noise gets louder, as if you're getting closer to the source of the sound. Scratch, Scratch, Scratch.

You pull back the curtain abruptly and see that there is no one there. Creeped out you hear a Meow, and look down realising it has been your cat all along. Annoyed by the sound she's creating, you kick her out and lock the door, in the hope of getting some more work done. Then you hear the sound again, Scratch, Scratch, Scratch. Scared, you get up to go to your best friend's house just around the corner. As you get up you feel the sound of his knife scratch on the back of your shirt. Scratch, Scratch, Scratch.