Chapter 11

As we pulled up to the Villa, everyone in the car started jumping for joy. It was beyond gorgeous. As we walked through the main gate, we could see the house on the hill. The villa was huge. Built across a total of three levels, we could see the lower level was an indoor swimming pool. There was a large outdoor pool with decking that sat out looking out onto the sea. The steps up to the main level, the second level, were made of beautiful marble. There was a dining area and outdoor BBQ above the indoor pool. As we walked into the house we were confronted with grandeur. There was a large living room that stretched half way across the mass building. In front of us was a spiral staircase that led both up and downstairs. The kitchen was large and made of dark wood with marble tops. The island in the middle featured, what I could only assume was, a Brazilian BBQ. I looked a bit further but was too scared to enter the house properly.

'This isn't what we booked' I said in shock.

'Yes, it is' said Michelle. 'We just didn't tell you about it' she laughed.

'What are you talking about?' I asked, bemused.

'Well, the one you were looking at was lovely, but then we found this one and we loved it more, so we booked it instead'.

I looked even more bemused now. 'How much is this costing us? This place is immense, I'll give you that, but we can't afford this?'

'It's James' treat' she said triumphantly, grabbing James' arm.

'Hold on. First; Why? Second; How?'

'First; Because I wanted to treat all of you. Second; You went to the garage and left your laptop unguarded' James said in a matter-of-fact way. 'Also, what were those photos on your laptop of a night out in Ipswich?' he quizzed.

'If you mention those photos again, I will kill you' I said in the same matter of fact tone as he had used. We laughed. Okay, so we had really booked this place. Everyone split off into different direction to claim their bedrooms. As I walked into the one I claimed for myself, I was gobsmacked. The room was huge with wall-to-wall white carpet. There was a super king-sized bed dressed with the finest sheets. One wall of the room was just mirror slide door wardrobes. One side of the room was one massive French window, looking out onto the sea. I placed my cases down and checked the rest of the space out. I looked into the door next to the bed. The en-suite was beautiful, dressed with marble sink and fitting. In the back was a jacuzzi jet bath. There was even a separate shower cubicle. I walked back into my room and sat precariously on the corner of the bed. This was amazing. I decided to unpack my belongings into the grand wardrobes and get changed from my travel clothes. First, I put on a blue cut-out style swimsuit and then a pair of blue short-shorts and a turquoise strap top. I put on a pair of pump Skechers in blue, just to complete my blue outfit.

As I walked down the stairs in my bouncy shoes, I can't help but admire the walls and the ceilings. The beautiful art work and sculptures were breath taking. How much did James fork out for this place? I stepped down the spiral staircase, but instead of joining everyone in the living room, I continued down another level. Downstairs I found a large indoor pool with lighting in the pool. The room was done out to look like the inside of a cave. There were even some stalactites in the corners of the room. I walked along the pool and through a corridor. There I found another room that was like a medieval dining room in the cave area. There was nothing else in the room except a small door on the wall. I had to investigate. As I opened to door it creaked. There was a box hanging inside and some rope on the right. Pulling the rope gently I noticed the box moved up or down. It was dumb waiter system. This room was directly below the kitchen. I couldn't wait to tell the guys about this room. It would be great for a dinner party one night. I walked out of this room to another door. There was just a set of stairs there. I walked up to a closed door and gently opened it. It opened into the large kitchen. As I closed the door, I realised it did not look like a door in the kitchen, but was made to look like another cupboard. Well, we are definitely having a game of hide and seek one day, and I'm going to win for sure.