Sylvie's First Day in Midgard (part 2)

Talk about long-ass title names lol

Disclaimer: This was written at like midnight so it will not be well written nor will it make sense.

~

Loki walked out of the jewelry store he had just visited, holding a small box between his hands. He smiled down at the box and began looking around the sidewalk for Sylvie.

He was about to start searching the stores for her when he spotted her, sleeping, on a bench. Two men were attempting to pick her up. Before Loki even knew what he was doing, he dropped the box and dashed for the men, conjuring two daggers as he ran.

"Leave. Her. Alone." He said sternly, with a dagger to one of their throats.

"You wanna fight me for 'er?" The other man said, obviously unwell. He picked up his fists and glared at Loki, "I can beat any man in a fight!"

Loki shot a backwards glance at the man, putting his dagger back into his magical inventory, "Lucky for you, I'm no man." He shoved the man backwards and turned to the other man, but he was gone.

"Sylvie?" He looked down at her, then felt for a pulse. Lucky for him, she was a frost giant, so the drug wouldn't last long.

About ten minutes later, Sylvie began groaning and moving again. As soon as she was conscious, she put a hand on her shoulder.

"What was that?" She asked, pulling her shirt so she could see her shoulder.

"Sylvie!" Loki exclaimed happily, then hugged her and kissed her on the cheek, "do you have any idea what happened?"

"Well," Sylvie replied, gathering her thoughts, "I bet that old man has something to do with it. He sat down next to me and began talking to me, then he vanished and- I think he stabbed my shoulder with a poisoned knife or something."

Loki looked around once more, a hand around Sylvie's shoulders, "Humanity is often disappointing."

"Where were you anyway?" Sylvie looked up at him, "you were gone pretty long."

"It wasn't that long," Loki retorted, then jumped up, "it should be around here somewhere," he looked at the sidewalk, then saw somebody kick a small box. He ran and grabbed it, "thank goodness! This would cost a lot in Midgardian money."

Sylvie looked at the small box as Loki passed it to her, then opened it carefully. It was a silver necklace with a large emerald charm on it. She smiled and quickly put it on.

"Thank you, both for the necklace and for saving me." She leaned her head on Loki's shoulder, yawning.

Loki leaned into her and held her hand, "Of course, darling."

They sat in silence, watching the bright city lights and the loud traffic.

"Can we go back home now?" Sylvie asked, standing up, "I think I've had enough adventure for today,"

"Why yes, of course," Loki replied, conjuring the TemPad, "I think today was eventful enough as well,"

They walked back to the alleyway, hands entwined, and opened the time door.

"What the hell is that?" A pair of men walked out from the shadows.

"Hey, its blondie from earlier!" The other man replied, ignoring the Lokis' presence.

"But she got her bodyguard, too," he approached the couple, standing a few feet away from Loki.

"Listen, gentlemen, I am really not in the mood for this right now," Loki said, unfazed, to the men, "if you would please leave us alone, that would be greatly appreciated,"

"Like hell I'd leave you alone!" One of them said, his intoxication powering his words, "Especially because of Pretty here, I wouldn't mind her company tonight, eh?" He stumbled towards Sylvie, pointing at her.

Sylvie glared at the man and threw a ball of green at him, "I'm fine, thanks." She hissed and began to pull Loki into the time door.

"What if he tells someone?" Loki asked worriedly, looking back at the men.

They emerged into their small home, "He was too intoxicated to remember it or beleive it." She said plainly, shrugging it off.

Sylvie readjusted her necklace after taking off her coat, then moved towards the back of the house, "I'll take first shower," she said, walking into the bathroom.

"Alright," Loki smiled and took of his coat.

Suddenly, a memory came back to him; the worst memory he ever had. He sat down, his smile vanishing from his face.

"But I'm not you."

Never in his life had Loki Laufeyson ever felt so betrayed, torn, and anguished.

"Loki?" Sylvie walked out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel, "is something wrong?" She sat down next to him and put an arm around his shoulder.

He looked into her eyes, tears threatening to fall from his, "Why?"

Sylvie frowned and pulled her arm back.

"Why would you push me away?"
Loki asked, his voice breaking as a tear fell onto the floor.

"Because I love you," Sylvie replied, pressing her forehead against his, "I had never felt that happy before, and I knew I would have to kill you if I didn't push you away." She squeezed his hands gently, "Honestly, I don't understand why I still wanted revenge. It never mattered, I found a new glorious purpose."

Loli smiled and looked into her eyes, "Thank you for telling me, now I feel much better," he kissed her forehead.

~

That's all for now because I'm too tired to write more and want to publish a chapter so...