JUST ONE TEAR

JISOO'S POV

A single tear threatens to fall. Each second, harder to bear than the last, as time moves on, ever so slowly.

Silent solitude is hard to withstand. Neither a soul, nor a whisper can be found.

I remember each moment, of that dismal event. An event not meant for joy, but for sorrow.

He just stood there like I knew he would, blocking me from harm's way.

My attempt to push us out of that dreadful path, failed. Just like that he was hit and just like that it was quiet.

I called for help, hoping, just hoping for a chance.

The doctors had managed to revive him. That feeling of happiness came to me, like a dark, ominous room, being lit with sparkling light. It was overwhelming just seeing him awake, as he lay there.

He looked at me, once he awoke. I could tell by the way he looked at me, that my happiness was short lived.

His smile was weary as he gazed up at me. I could see a faint glimmer in his eyes. It was in fact a tear that happened to trickle, slowly down his cheek.

My complexion broke down, as my lip began to tremble. I gave him a look. A look filled with significant worry. Tears fell to the floor, while I walked over and gave him a hug.

His touch was everything I had dreamed of. Just the way that it felt, was like it was meant to be.

He broke away from the hug and looked deeply into my eyes. His bright, cheerful face that always made me smile was now replaced with one of pure longing.

He said to me, how he thought he wouldn't make it. It was at this moment that I felt my heart shatter, each piece lost, and to never be found again.

He made me promise to him, a promise to be held.

His wish was one of true feeling. He said he cared about me, dearly, and never wanted to see my jubilant smile fade, in result of tears. It was this wish, of his, that I held.

I told him how he had survived, each treacherous event that occurred.

I asked him how it was not possible to just hold on, for this one time.

Then it happened, as quickly as it began. His pulse skipped a beat, and then another, and another, until it was flat.

Doctors rushed left and right, frantically trying to revive his heart.

I stood there, helplessly, paralyzed with fear. Every sight and every sound placed a mark inside of my memory as I began to lose consciousness.

My mind just couldn't believe that, he was leaving, but there it was happening in front of me.

I fell to the floor and a cloud of darkness overtook me.

I sit here now, gazing out of the window. Rain begins to pour, partially blinding my view of outside.

With the memory still present, I fight back tears. He didn't want me to be sad, all he wanted was my smile.

I think to myself, how am I ever to be happy when I have lost someone so close, someone that was dearest to me, someone that I loved.

My watery eyes come to rest on something, a photo, taken not too long ago.

I see how happy I was, blushing, with his arm around mine and his trademark smile. It's that grin that always lifted my spirits, that grin that seemed to pierce through dread, and it's that grin that let a tear fall down my face, as I lit up with a smile.