Lucky Friends

One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.

The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. 

Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with. 

Friendship isn’t a big thing — it’s a million little things. 

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. 

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. 

Only those who care about you can hear you when you’re quiet.

Good friends help you find important things when you have lost them. Your smile, you hope, and your courage.

There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger, and live just a little bit better.

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." 

" A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."

"Oh, you're the best friends anybody ever had. And it's funny, but I feel as if I'd known you all the time, but I couldn't have, could I?"

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend. 

In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad. 

If a friend is in trouble, don’t annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. 

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. 

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. 

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. 

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair. 

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. 

You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job. 

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.

One doesn’t know, till one is a bit at odds with the world, how much one’s friends who believe in one rather generously, mean to one. 

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve had. 

I like friends who, when you tell them you need a moment alone, know enough not to stray too far. 

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. 

She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It’s good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind. 

Friends can be said to "fall in like" with as profound a thud as romantic partners fall in love.