Grave Little Witches

The full moon was out as three girls walked through the cemetery. It was an eerie night with only the sound of the wind howling. A tall girl with brunette hair named Meg carried a bag full of items. Amy carried the lantern and lit the way through the haunt. She is a short, raven haired girl. The third girl was red-head named Willow and she trailed behind the first two girls. All three girls were wearing long black robes with the crest of their coven embroidered on the left side of the chest.

"Is this the right way?" Whispered Willow.

"I think so." answered Amy. The graveyard was centuries old and most of the headstones were broke, chipped and the engraving faded. The grounds were fairly well kept though, the pathway looked recently swept and fresh flowers covered the markers. After trekking half way through graves, the girls approached the tombstone they had been searching for all night.

"Here it is." Stated Amy. 

The name on the headstone read: CASSANDRA VATARA: THE SEER.

"Are you sure we want to do this?" Asked Willow. She was the most nervous of the three girls.

"Everything will be fine don't worry." Said Meg.

"I just don't know if this is something that we should be doing." Willow sounded distressed. She was a shy girl, that spent most of her time reading books on witchcraft.

Meg was the most confident of the three. "We came here to get answers.It doesn't hurt to try."

"It might. What if something goes wrong?" Amy was concerned. She had been in the coven longer than the other two girls, but was never good at communicating with the dead. Her strengths were in brewing potions and charm bags. Amy, Willow and Meg were a part of an ancient coven known as the "Witches of the Eternal Light". It was an order dedicated in training witches to fight dark magic.

The girls sat down in a semicircle around the grave site. Meg pulled out three candles form the bag and handed them to Amy.

"It won't." Said Meg. "I know what we're doing. We need to know what the prophecy means. Summoning the founder of the coven is the last chance that we have to figuring this out." Meg continued to pull out the rest of the items in her bag; a lighter, an old book, a shallow bowl and a knife.

Amyset the candles in a triangle and then lit them. "I guess. We've never done this before. You better hope it works." Meg placed the bowl in the center of the candles.

"It's not a test, we can always try again, until we get it right. Right?" Willow was the newest member to the coven and thus the least experienced with seances. Whereas Meg, felt right at home in the cemetery, as if she spent a lot of time in one.

"What if she doesn't have the answer we're looking for? What if she can't help us?" Asked Amy.

"Then we're no worse off than we are now." Remarked Meg. She opened the book to the page she needs to read from.

"What if she punishes us for disturbing her grave?" A sense of fear cameform Willow's voice. Amy and Meg didn't say anything, as if they hadn't thought about the repercussions of trying to summon a witch.

"Well, I hope that doesn't happen." Amy said not assuringly. Meg picked up the knife and decided to continue with the ritual.

"Okay. We each need to place a drop of our blood into the bowl." Meg cut the tip of her finger and let the blood drip into the bowl. Then she passed the knife to Willow on her right. Willow grabbed the knife with trembling hands. She cut her index finger over the bowl.