| Chapter 1 - Broken Promises |

i'm writing this while sick lmao, i'm getting the covid vaccine tomorrow cries

Your POV

"Y/N, can I tell you something?" Toru asks nervously, releasing my hand and rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yes, of course! Oh, I have to tell you something as well, I almost forgot." I chuckle, with slight confusion on why he removed my hand from his grasp. A little voice in the back of my head whispering that this wasn't gonna be that pleasant.

Me and my boyfriend, Toru Oikawa, were walking towards the mall.

I completely forgot to tell him after his practice, I got caught up with the mean fan girls and had to meet up with him later.

He sits down on a bench and I sit beside him.

"You go first." He says. I nod, and breath in, then breathe out.

"I- Uhm..I'm moving schools..." I state, lowering my head, turning my head over to see his face. He wasn't mad, but he had a melancholy expression. That just got me even more worked up about this built up stress from the past week.

"I'm sorry, it's just- My Dad found a new job that pays better and it'll really help, considering the new baby my Mom had, how much stress she's in, it's not that far! I'll still be in Miyagi! Just a bus ride away, and it'll-"

"Shh...Calm down Y/N, it's okay, breathe in and breathe out, you'll be okay. I'm not mad at you, you can't control that." He stated, rubbing my back to comfort me, he knows it's been hard.

I breathe in slowly, then breathe out, moving the hair out of my face.

"So, will we still keep in contact?" I questioned.

He nodded, a small smile spreading on his face. "Of course, we can always visit."

I smile in return. "So, what were you gonna tell me?"

He rubs the back of his neck nervously again. He does this all the time when he's nervous, what is he gonna tell me?

My smile drops, knowing what he's about to say. This was my nightmare coming true.

"I don't think I love you anymore.." He mutters, leaving me speechless.

I honestly didn't know what to say, who would? "Is there...I- Anything that I did?" I ask, sniffling a bit. The hairs on my arms were up at this point. My nose started twitching and my palms were getting sweaty as I kept swallowing back the lump in my throat.

Don't you dare start crying now Y/N. Stop it. Not in front of him, you did this on your own, you're the one who did-

"No, it's not you at all. I just-"

"Then why don't you love me?" I lower my voice due to the lump in my throat. Tears come pouring out of my eyes. I quickly wipe them and put my hair to the sides so he can't see my face.

"I'm- Gah, this is so hard to say..." He leans back on the bench and looks up.

"I'm gay."

I freeze, eyes widening, turning my head towards him.

"You're....Gay?" I ask, him nodding slowly.

"Please don't cry, I'm sor-"

"No, no! Don't be sorry, I'm glad you told me this, oh my gosh." I asserted, looking down and laughing a bit.

"It's a bit relieving, I thought I did something wrong, but...I'm glad you trust me enough to tell me this. Thank you, Toru." I affirmed, smiling a bit for comfort.