CHAPTER 13: REALITY

Soon it was Christmas Break and school wasn't set to start until after New Year. Uno and Caitlin couldn't meet each other constantly over the break for a date. They spent most their time with their families and celebrated the Holidays with them.

They tried going on a date before the year ended, though. Uno was waiting on a bench by the boulevard, facing the sea. He looked so peaceful, watching the boats, big and small, set sail to the sea. He didn't wait too long before Caitlin arrived.

"Hey," said Caitlin as she made her way to Uno "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"

Uno looked up to see Caitlin in a simple red blouse and skinny jeans, still looking beautiful. She had her hair tied in a ponytail this time, knowing they'd be walking around the seashore where the wind was really strong.

"Merry Christmas" he smiled and stood to hug her "I missed you"

Caitlin smiled "Missed you too. Thought we'd never get to have a date this Christmas break."

"Shall we go for a walk?" He gestured.

They walked the 4-kilometer-long path along the boulevard which connected two islands to each other. Halfway through, Uno, noticed a familiar face on the reflection of Caitlin's phone as she pulled it out to check the time. He glanced from behind and realized it was his bodyguard, Kuya Buddy, secretly following them. Kuya Buddy didn't notice he's been caught as he was busy looking at his phone.

Immediately, Uno grabs Caitlin by the arm and covers her mouth. They ran across the other side of the boulevard and hid in one of the restaurants.

"What's happening? Why are we hiding?" asked Caitlin, who was clueless.

"Shh," whispered Uno "we're being followed by Kuya Buddy"

"Your bodyguard? Isn't that normal?" said Caitlin.

"Mom sent him for sure. She's checking on us" said Uno, panicking a little inside.

"Uno, that's just normal. She's just –"

"I said we're hanging out with friends, not just the two of us" Uno cut her.

"What?!" Caitlin started to panic "why didn't you tell her we were going on a date? Now she'll think we're hiding something"

"She wouldn't permit me" said Uno in all honesty "I asked many times for her permission throughout the break, but she wouldn't let me go out if it's just the two of us. Weren't you wondering why I couldn't even go meet you despite missing you so much? I've tried many times, but mom's too strict."

Caitlin didn't respond but worry was all over her face "What now? We're caught already."

"I'll ask dad to cover for us," Uno starts texting his dad "only my dad knows. I'll also try to convince Kuya Buddy not to say anything later."

Uno then looks around the restaurant and sees a mini boutique with travel souvenirs. He gets a cap and puts it on Caitlin, then wears one as well.

"Let's continue our date but hide for now. Make sure not to get tracked" said Uno "you brought your sunglasses, right?"

Caitlin nodded.

"Wear that," he then goes to the cashier and pays for the caps.

They walked around in 'disguises' for the next two hours and continued their date. Soon at 4PM, Caitlin's mom arrived by the boulevard bridge to fetch her. She rolls down her window and waves at Uno.

"Hi Uno," she smiles "thanks for taking care of my Caitlin."

"Hi Mrs. Sevilla" he greeted back "no problem!"