𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

(a reference on Kichirou's looks)

The explanation may a bit confusing but I'll try my best to explain the whole situation.

In this story, Kichirou was described as a loyal lover, sweet teen, and lastly, blind or in short⏤oblivious that it makes the said teen so pitiful. Kichirou was blind enough to notice some things like how he shook the gut feeling of how tsukishima and kuroo were undeniably close and to see the lie behind tsukishima's 'love' for him.

But the point is, why would tsukishima start a relationship with the teen if in the end Kichirou was left heartbroken and even died because of the fictional disease?

We couldn't tell what is the real reason but either guess, if tsukishima pitied the teen or either he's playing Kichirou's feeling.

Aside from that, there could be a possibility that the teammates knew what was happening behind the poor Kichirou, we could guess that they are afraid that it broke Kichirou's heart. In all honesty, even if they knew they had to tell the teen about what was going on even if it brings a big impact on Kichirou.

Kichirou needed to know the truth.

Then the time comes where the teen had no choice but to move away from Miyagi to Hyogo to which the distance of the said cities was far.

We also noticed from the few letters, Kichirou only mentioned his mom. This tells us directly that Kichirou's parents weren't in a good situation and were the cause he and his mom moved to Hyogo.

This, of course, made Kichirou upset, but promised to write a letter to prevent their relationship slipped away and tsukishima promised to respond and write back at him which was never been committed. We could guess that Kichirou's letters are either didn't arrive or had been ignored all this time.

Waiting for a mere response from his lover, the longing to know what happened to tsukishima and how he was doing without him and the thoughts of Kichirou that tsukishima forgets him.

Letter after letter, waiting for a mere response from his lover as days turned weeks and months after. And as the times passed by, Kichirou yearns to know what happened to tsukishima and how he was doing without him and some thoughts started to fill his head, as well as his heart about tsukishima, forgets him.

But then just unexpectedly happened to him, he started vomiting petals of the myosotis that happened to be his favorite flower that resembles of a 'true love'. Of course, he is scared of what was happening to him and decided to keep it to his mother about his situation to which is a few days after his mother found out.

Being admitted to the hospital, as the doctor explained his conditions and the hanahaki disease he got, he began to think that tsukishima didn't love him but he still denied it as his body grows weaker but that didn't stop him to write even if he knew that tsukishima will never respond.

His health gotten worse and even got painful news (which makes the hanahaki worsen), his lover or now ex-lover had celebrated his anniversary with kuroo. Began thinking back then and how he was utterly oblivious and stupid, he later realized that all the love that tsukishima felt for him was nothing, a fake one.

Doctors then explained that there are two cures for the hanahaki; the first cure is, if the admired person had feelings for the victim and Kichirou knows that there's no chance that tsukishima will able to reciprocate his undying love and the second is to perform a surgery, that means removing the blooming flower on the lungs as this also takes away the romantic feelings to a person who they love.

Surgery was the only way that able him to go back in his feet, he rejected it even how his mother convinced him so. He knows that his stubborn and that his life depended on it, however, he didn't go back down on his words as he wants to treasure his feelings and in the end, he died.

We noticed some big changes in how the letter was written, from the beginning to the end. Some evidence that clearly shows Kichirou's health got worsened such as; tear stains from constantly crying, some blotches of blood from coughing out the lovely myosotis petals that stained the paper, and how his writings were shaky and a little bit messy.

We know that not every story had to end up with a happy one, glitters and rainbows...there's a sad ending too.

Sometimes, waiting and hoping for someone was frustrating...making you look like an idiot and leaving you nothing but broken.

END