Chapter 1

I am sitting on my bed trying to finish my math homework. I hate math. I sigh, throwing my book to the ground. Suddenly I hear the door slam. "Michelle!" My mothers' voice is harsh. "Get your lazy ass down here!" I take a deep breath before I leave my room, walking into the kitchen where my Mum stands at the counter. She wears a short red skirt, black boots with high heels and a white top showing her stomach. Her dark blonde hair is combined into a ponytail. "Mum?", I ask, unsure how she'll react. She turns around, starring at me. I look her into the eyes. They show tiredness, desperation and..... Anger? Oh no. Mum looks up at me. Her right eye is swollen and dark blue. She walks up to me slowly. I don't say a word. She lifts her hand and slaps me straight into the face. I hold my face and try to fight the tears which are about to spill out of my eyes. I take a step beck but her fist collides again with my chin. I fall to the ground, covering my face with my arms. She starts kicking me into the stomach, yelling stuff like "You're stupid!" or "I wish you were never born!" or "You're useless!" and other stuff at me. I lay on the ground, crying and trying to protect my face with my arms. Eventually she stops and I can hear how she leaves the house. I lie on the ground.