Ties that Last

A/N okay so just so you Blacklist guys understand. This is right before Red enters America again and goes to find Lizzy. And Hotaru is in like her thirties somewhere.
-------------------------------------------

Hotaru Tomoe also known as Sailor Saturn had been with the scouts for many years. She went to great lengths in order to protect her princess. Even to the point of the angel losing her eyesight during a battle. When she went away to America to go to a college for the blind her adopted parents never expected her to come back without the ability to walk. She never said what happened or even spoke of the brief moment she had loved someone.

-------------------------------------

Raymond Reddington looked at the small cottage that stood before him. It was cute, cozy, and out in the country where no one would bother the inhabitant. "So this is where you ran off too." He said to himself. Walking up to the door he tried the handle. It opened with ease and he walked in. "Honey, I'm home." He called out. A book was thrown at him from the living room.

As he entered a soft smile played at his lips. A girl with long hair as dark as midnight sat in a wheelchair holding a gun. Her violet eyes held no life within them but her face showed fear and and determination. "So help me, if that voice doesn't belong to who I think it is I'll shoot. I swear I will." Her entire body was tense as she made ready to fire if needed.

"Did you really just threaten to shoot me." Reddington said in a playful tone. "Come now Hotaru, you know I wouldn't let that happen.

"Raymond." She whispered. Tears started falling down her face as the gun dropped from her hand. "Is that really you?" Her body was tensed still, but in a different way as floods of emotions swallowed her.

Reddington walked forward kneeling before her chair. "It's really me." He took her hand up and kissed it lightly. He looked up at her with love and care in his eyes.

"But Dembe told me you died. Why, why would you lie to me." She wrapped her arms around him, holding onto the man as if he was the only thing keeping her down. "I know why, but why. I loved you so much. I didn't know what I would do. I was just so, so." The hysteric girl finally broke down completely sobbing.

He spoke softly. "You've always known why." He was close to a few tears himself at this point.

Her sobs slowed as she answered. "I know what 'your' answer is. You would say that it's because I'm a weakness to you. That I'm a liability."

"And what would you say." His voice sounded almost comical as he lifted her up into his arms and sat upon the sofa.

"You don't want me to get hurt." Hotaru whispered it. "Seven years. I thought you were dead for seven years, I felt so alone Raymond." She buried her face upon his shoulder tears starting afresh.

"Your a strong capable woman." He said. "I know you can handle yourself."

"If that was true I wouldn't be blind and living in a wheelchair. Besides, I passed on my title to someone else." She whispered the last softly.

"Your daughter." He said it with a touch of loneliness in his voice.

"Raymond." She squeezed his hand tightly. "I never married, your the only one for me. I gave it to somebody else in the group. I'll still live to an exemptionaly old age because I can still heal. But that's it."

"Why would you do that. Waste your life waiting on me even when you know I'll never be able to be with you. Even when you thought I was dead." Reddington looked into her blank eyes fondly. She had always been a puzzle to him. He still wasn't sure what she really meant to him, even after all the time they'd spent together.

"Because I love you." She said it as if it was that simple. "I don't want you to feel guilty about what happened to me. You should never feel like that."

"Hotaru, you will never cease to astound me. If you were still able to, I would waltz you across the floor right now." He smiled even though he knew she couldn't see it. But she certainly felt it.

"Raymond." She lifted her hand to his face feeling the warmth of his cheek. Her other hand went to feel his features. She held back a giggle. "You've lost a lot of hair."

"I got older." He said whilst his smile became broader. "And so have you, though I think your more beautiful now then before. I could be mistaken."

She gave him a playful punch. "Will you waltz me across the floor again. Or have you lost the strength to sweep a girl off her feet." She was smiling broadly, tears almost completely gone.

He stood up holding her tight. "I still have pep in my step." He turned on her record player that was near by. Reddington held her to his chest for a few songs while she kept her arms tightly around him and her head against his chest eyes closed.

"I've missed you so much. Will you need to go again?" She didn't stir. Just held onto him tighter.

He replied after a pause. "You know I need to. I still have a lot of business to take care of." He held Hotaru tighter in spite of himself.

"I understand." She whispered. "Will you sit with me?"

He obliged, sitting down once more on the sofa with the girl held tightly in his arms. Neither spoke a word. He was half tempted to stay with her, leave the idea of seeing Lizzy and his life of crime, secrets and deceit to stay with the girl who had made him see reason in one of his darkest times. The girl who had sacrificed so very much for him even though she knew he would sleep with women to distract himself or to exploit them to get something in return. She continued to love him despite all the awful things he'd done. Despite all the lives he'd taken.

"Hotaru, I don't deserve you." A touch of real sadness rested in his voice.

"You may not, but I still love you despite all that you've done." She leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"You missed." He said half playfully.

"I did?"

"Yes." So saying he leaned down and captured her lips in his. After a moment he stopped and could see that tears were once more falling down her face. "I will forever love you Hotaru."

"And I you."

After a very tearful goodbye. Reddington placed the the girl back in her wheelchair, laid one more soft kiss upon her pale lips, and left.