hey college girl

R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood

∘ ─── ♡ ─── ∘

"celine, are you coming? we want to get going!" celine heard her mother call.

"almost done" she yelled back.

celine pondered a little longer before writing one last sentence on the piece of paper that was laying on the table in front of her.

she read through the handwritten note one more time before folding it and putting it in her back pocket.

quickly the girl grabbed her backpack and looked at her almost empty room one last time. 

she felt weird leaving it all behind, but it was for a good cause.

today was finally the day. celine was moving to seoul to study at SNU (short for seoul national university).

this had been her big dream for basically all her life and she had been working towards this dream every day. 

the day she received the letter of acceptance was probably one of the happiest moments in her life to date.

and now the long awaited day was finally here.

with a nostalgic feeling in her chest, the girl closed the door to her room behind herself and headed to the kitchen, where her parents and her boyfriend were already waiting for her.

"hey college girl!" soobin, her boyfriend, greeted her with a little peck and pulled celine into a big hug.

the pair had known each other since they were little kids.

their parents had met at the hospital and both of them were born on the exact same day.

celine and soobin had been inseparable ever since. he was her best friend and she was his.

as they got older, their feelings changed and a couple of years ago, they finally got into a real relationship.

there was never any other boy in celines life, besides soobin. they were the perfect couple.

"we already loaded all of your other bags into the car, so you're ready to go" celines father informed her and tousled her long dark brown hair.

"dad!" she laughed, trying to fix the mess he made.

"oh, don't worry darling, you look amazing" celines mother assured her with a big smile "but we should really get going. it's almost a two hour drive from busan to seoul"

the girl nodded and they all went outside to the familys car. 

sadly, celines father was not able to join them, because he had work to do, but her mother and soobin would accompany her on her first day at college.

she put her backpack into the back seat next to her boyfriend, before sitting in the front seat.

"i will come to visit you soon and we'll call each other a lot okay?" celine assured her father one last time before driving off.

∘ ─── ♡ ─── ∘

the drive to seoul was uneventful. pretty much all they talked about was SNU and celines studies.

the girl was going to be an astrology major. 

she had always been fascinated by the universe. 

already at a young age, one of celines favorite activities was looking at the stars. she could do it for hours.

luckily, her boyfriend shared this interest with her.  they had often talked about the endless expanses of outer space and shared theories with each other while looking at the night sky.