Chapter 10 The Deep Sea Witch VS Lamirexia

No one's POV

Currently, Sora, Julis, Ikki, Stella and Nagi are all looking over a news article of what had happened at the training camp.

Stella: What a ridiculous article. Who's the last remaining ancient giant folk?

Julis: There's no way that golem was a living thing!

Nagi: So, in the end, you didn't find out who instigated this?

Ikki: Yeah.

Sora: Apparently, the student council people investigated it after saving us.

Nagi: Touka Toda and Claudia Enfield, right? What are they like?

Sora:...

Ikki: We didn't have time to speak. Still, they were as strong as the rumors say. And Irene Urzaiz, she is one of the student council, who is as strong as the Student Council President.

Sora: She has Gravity Manipulation power same as Nene Sensei.

Stella: Shizuku will be going against her in tomorrow's selection match, right?

Julis: That's right.

Nagi: She's having mock battle today against the upperclassmen in preparation. She wouldn't let me come, though, because I'll distract her.

Stella: Shizuku is a water user, right? So an enemy like that would be very difficult for her.

Nagi: That doesn't apply to Shizuku. Thanks to her high-level magic manipulation, she can create super-pure water with no impurities whatsoever. The conductivity of super-pure water is almost zero. In other words... as long as she could keep attacking, the gravity manipulation should render useless.

Stella: Huh? So they're not a bad match. She has a chance of winning.

Julis: Though I'm not here to judge, I think that Irene is still hiding some of her true strength.

Ikki: I won't say she has no chance. It's a serious one-on-one fight, after all. But, I'm worried...

Sora:...

Stella: Ikki...

Julis: Sora...

Sora: We want her to win, of course, but we don't want her to push herself too hard. As long as she's safe in the end, that's good enough.

(Timeskip)

Currently, Shizuku and Nagi are standing on a rooftop and Nagi had told her that Sora and Ikki were extremely worried about her.

Shizuku: They're worried about me, aren't they?

Nagi: Of course they are. They only just witnessed the power of Lamirexia themselves.

Shizuku: But... If Stella and Julis were the one fighting the Student Council, Sora and Big Brother wouldn't be worried. Since Sora and Julis, and Big Brother and Stella fight alongside each other, they would believed in them, support them, and happily send them to the fight. I'm not yet a strong enough knight to be recognized by them.

Nagi: Shizuku...

Shizuku: I have to become stronger. Both Sora and Big Brother left home shunned by the family, Big Brother were shunned by the Kurogane, and Sora were shunned by his own father. He even gave Sora another name due to not wanting him inherit the Amagiri name.

Nagi then looked completely shocked.

Shizuku: That was when I realized it for the first time: The tremendous heavy and painful reality hidden behind their smile. So I decided if no would love them, then I would. But Sora was different...extremely different...While my brother had the love of our mother and myself, Sora had no one... after Big Sis Haruka disappeared, he had no one to rely on. That's why I decided the gave him the same love or more love than I gave my own brother. That's why I had to become stronger. If I didn't, I couldn't hold on to them. He'd be lonely once again.