Chapter 2: Neighbors

Ms. Elizabeta bakes my favorite cake, almond cake with fresh strawberries, vanilla frosting and with an Edelweiss flower on top of the cake. She lights a candle on top, brings it to the table "Do you have wish of any kind Hubert"?
I look up from my drawing "I guess I do" I mumble
"C'mon kiddo the awesome me is dying to know!" Gilbert says
I think carefully "I wish to paint a pretty sunset while sitting in a field of wild flowers" I say as I blow out the candle.
Ms. Elizabeta simply smiled, Mr. Gilbert pats my head, while my father sadly smiles and then hugs me "But I sometimes wish I wasn't sick in the first place" I say
Father smiles "I wish that too, but just know that we are here to help you get better ja?"
I nod
Mr. Gilbert hugs father from behind "Aww, why can't you be like that to meeeee?" Father grunts "Get of me this instant!" "Never!" Mr Gilbert laughs.
I smile, and I go back to my drawing that came out as a beautiful horse decorated with butterflies, I wasn't satisfied. I looked out the window and to my curiosity a moving truck comes into view with words colored on it saying "IKEA" on it.
I run upstairs to get a better look, I turn my head to see a family coming out of a car. The parents, I assume, both had blonde hair the tall one looked muscular and scary but had kind blue eyes, the other looked younger, motherly with lavender eyes.
Two children climbed out of the car, one looked about ten with light blue eyes and was dressed in a male sailor uniform, the other one looked about my age with orange hair and light blue eyes with a scar on his face he was dressed in a white long sleeve shirt with a black vest with blue jeans and black converse.
I didn't know how long I was staring at him because he looked up and stared back at me.

I blush hard and turned myself away from the window 'ahhhhh!!Why was I staring at him!? He was so cool! Like something sculpted from a goddess!' I quickly got out my sketch book and pencil and started to sketch him in beautiful detail.
I finished the sketch, went downstairs to see Mr Gilbert and Ms. Elizabeta leaving, I hug them and they pat me on the head, Mr. Gilbert gives father a kiss on his cheek before leaving.

I look at him "There are new neighbors next door to us father" I say, father looks out the window "I see" is all he says

That night we had Italian food cooked by my uncle Feliciano, the door bell rang, father ushered me to stay put and opened the airlock door, to stop bacteria from coming in, while sat on the couch to listen.
"Hi, our mum made cookies for you as his form of apology" a boy's voice said "It's something our mum likes to do whenever we move in somewhere!" a child's voice squeaks "Quiet Peter!" The boy's voice quietly scolds "oh, and what is your mother apologizing for?" my father asked " for moving in" the boy says.
"I'm sorry but I can't accept this" my father says "why not" the boy asked " it's complicated" father says.
"By the way is your son here by any chance?"
I blushed, he was asking about me?
"Nein" father says as he closes the door on them.
I run up to my room and looked out the window to see the two, I assume, brothers walk into the house as I see the older boy across from my window, he smiles and writes some numbers on his window, I figured it was his number and quickly write it in my phone
Hubert: Thanks for the cookies
???: Our mum makes every time we move in somewhere
???: I'm Erland what's yours?
Hubert: I'm Hubert nice to meet you
Erland: Your dad was pretty rude thou
Hubert: he's like that sometimes but he's really nice once get to know him
Erland: what's your favorite hobby?
Hubert: Arts and crafts what about you?
Erland: Online shit I like video games of all kind
Hubert: an interesting form of art I'm impressed
Erland: Are u an artist?
Hubert: indeed
Erland: gtg its bedtime for me and my brother Peter goodnight
Hubert: goodnight
I looked up and Erland waved and then blew a kiss at me, I blushed and started to feel tired as fell asleep on my bed and slipped into a dreamless sleep.